Hydro/Flower question

TheloniousSkunk

I have one question. Here is my set-up:

I currently have one cloned nlxhaze (northern brights) growing in a closet set up in my room. I have a 250W HPS, ample circulation, growing DWC in a large 18 gallon reservoir, using Dutch Masters hydro nutes, with a nice little air pump with 4 airstones scattered at the bottom of the pot. The roots have already reached all corners of the bucket, and she did really well through veg.

I tied the top down, and let the secondary growth fill the box. It looks like a ScrOG without the screen. I just put it into flower 2 nights ago.

My question is this:

At the beginning of flowering and when the door was opened while the light was on, she looked amazing. Her leaves were well defined and large, and growth was fast. The timer just went off a few hours ago and when I opened them to say "goodnight" i noticed that the leaves were drooping. Is this natural when all the resources are being diverted to flower growth during the dark stages? Should I be worrying?

Thanks to anyone with useful information! This is my first grow and I am a little worried about my baby.

dont worry to much, how are your nutes doing, whats your feeding schedual. dont worry you should be fine my plants droped and then got back up to par in a couple days. show some pics.

In a natural growing process, a plant will recieve less and less light each day as the year goes on. Leaves tend to sag a bit the first day or so due to the abrupt change from veg to flower, totally normal. Include some pics so we can help further.

Lord Jebus said:
In a natural growing process, a plant will recieve less and less light each day as the year goes on. Leaves tend to sag a bit the first day or so due to the abrupt change from veg to flower, totally normal. Include some pics so we can help further.

So how do the plants do when at the start of the flower you give them 36 hours of dark ?
do they droop alot and take a few days to come back ?

I do appreciate all the quick responses, and promise to include some photos as soon as I get a camera in my hands. I am using the standard feeding schedule as per the instructions that came with the nutrients. I usually fill the bucket an inch or two from the bottom of the net pots, and refill/renute when needed.

Hopefully I'll be able to post a few pics later today.

TheloniousSkunk said:
I do appreciate all the quick responses, and promise to include some photos as soon as I get a camera in my hands. I am using the standard feeding schedule as per the instructions that came with the nutrients. I usually fill the bucket an inch or two from the bottom of the net pots, and refill/renute when needed.

Hopefully I'll be able to post a few pics later today.

do you refil nutes every week or everyother week. You should add water every week just to top off the resivour but everyother week you should completely change your resivour

highflyer said:
So how do the plants do when at the start of the flower you give them 36 hours of dark ?
do they droop alot and take a few days to come back ?

I have a friend who does 72 hours of dark before flowering, and they look pretty danm droopy when those lights fire back up. To do this even the 36 hour darkness you must have exceptionally strong plants. He swears by this process, I have yet to make a decision.

Lord Jebus said:
I have a friend who does 72 hours of dark before flowering, and they look pretty danm droopy when those lights fire back up. To do this even the 36 hour darkness you must have exceptionally strong plants. He swears by this process, I have yet to make a decision.

I dont like it the idea. I turned my light off by accident for 42 hours and damn how they stretched. I couldnt imagine 72.

Back
Top Bottom