Help Question On Flowers

newgreenthumb

I am in 7 ? Weeks of Flower and am confused at new growth from top of flower..
I have a picture of a Flower here that is normal
3-2-09_012.JPG

But this one has new growth on top ,all the new leaves on the growth are round at edges as well
3-2-09_011.JPG

The 2 pictures are from same plant ..

I have taken some samples from each plant to get a smoke test,would this cause the plant to get new growth ?? I also am starting flushing with distilled water for past week ..

This is my first attempt at a grow and am a worry-wort as to boot ,lol..

Anyone with input on this ????? Do I need to worry ??

Do I need to worry

looks like you ran into some ph or nute problems during your grow judging by your fan leaves. there lookin a bit stressed. But to your question at hand. No need to worry. I've seen odd growth like that in my garden from time to time. Not sure exactly why, but it hasn't really hindered the bud at all. Towards the end of flowering new growth often happens at the tops of the colas. The not so technical name for it is called foxtailing. It basically looks like your cola is growing a bud tail. Although your growth doesn't quite look like the "normal" foxtailing. Yours is basically just new leaves.

You didn't interrupt the dark cycle at all right? It's been getting 12 hours of darkness since you went into the flowering stage correct? If your light cycle has been consistently interrupted. IE not getting 12 hours of darkness. It will revert back to vegetative growth.

Hello ,, And thanks for reply's Foxtailing it is called?? I was able to see other pics , with similar looks..

It could be a light leak top shelf was not closed entirely,,only slight from a 18 watt bulb..

But if light was a factor wouldnt all of the flowers change,? not just one out of the group?
My fan crapped out and has raised temps a bit ,.I read that an increase in temps may do this as well.

When looking close it is not just new leafs but calyx"s too??spelling ?? with hairs sprouting out too.

I dont mind, just add more time to fill in to cut down...lol

Back
Top Bottom