Pineapple Chunk: Underdeveloped calyx week 8?

relaxcraft

420 Member
Hi

I'm hoping that somebody might be able to help me, I'm quite new to growing but I have 2 Pineapple chunk plants from barneys farm. They have both grown to about 1.4m and went into 12/12 about 8 weeks ago all seemed fine at first the calyx's swelled up and opened and bud devlopment seemed pretty good. It seemed to slow down tho at about week 6 of flowering and looks about the same now as it did then. Nearly every internode on the plant has an unopened calyx, is this normal??? or am I just worrying too much? Barneys farm says 9-10 weeks flowering time. nutes are fine

Welcome to 420!
Can you post up some pics?

I think it may just be a terminology thing,but I don't know what you mean
by "unopened calyx at nearly every internode"

you know the little "buds" that you get where the branchs mean the stem etc. It's like the main cola has some of it full of flowers but then theres spaces where the flower should fill out to but theres just a calyx that hasnt opened up..???

Possibly not enough light getting to those areas?
Shaded by fanleaves or other buds?

on average tho would you say that plants will still have unopened calxyes towards the end of the flowering period or should that happen all over at the sae time? I don't think it's light because the colas bit is well lit. Shame about the height it said 120cm max on the website, it's become quite a squeeze in a 2m tent

Back
Top Bottom