A quick question about the calyx.

weedification

If a female has been pollinated, will the seed swelling calyx still produce hairs??? I'm 6 weeks into flower and the lower buds have started to do this. The only way it could be pollinated is if it hermed, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Hope this helps

If a female has been pollinated, will the seed swelling calyx still produce hairs??? I'm 6 weeks into flower and the lower buds have started to do this. The only way it could be pollinated is if it hermed, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Hermied buds from my experience don't look much different unless u know what ur looking for. Also if the plant was stressed then more than likely the seeds won't be healthy, not sure about viability. The purpose of pistils is to catch pollen. Eventually ur pistils will brown (not all of them until its harvested), draw up, and lay down on ur bud. A signal it almost time to harvest. According to the MMJ Bible "Once an ovule has been fertilized by male pollen, rapid calyx formation and resin production slow, and seed growth starts" (Marijauna Horticulture indoor/outdoor Medical Grower's Bible by Jorge Cervantes p69).

Thats the best handbook I have ever read, so full of info. I also had a few seeds with my last crop and I look for male flowers in the buds every day, and try to pinch the male flowers out before they open.....

I tripped out when I found a few seeds in my buds around week 6 of flower...never saw any ball sacs anywhere and I had been over every inch of that plant almost daily for weeks. Posted the following thread and was told that I might have feminized seeds by some experienced growers/mods ;) Apparently females will sometimes produce seeds on their own and these should be feminized :) I had already pulled off about a dozen seeds after I found that out...now I'm letting the remaining ones go since I'm out of seeds and broke, guess I'll find out during my next grow!

6.5 weeks in to 12/12...noticing a couple seed pods, anything I can do to minimize

edit: oh...wow...this is almost a year old thread lol. Still good info in that link for anyone that wanders though...

Back
Top Bottom