Son of a.

weedification

Alright, here's my situation:

I started out with 6, 3 died, of those 3, 2 were males. So I'm sitting here with my one female and she's showing balls, I think. Do calyxes (calyxi?) grow from the main branch in bunches of 2-3 about 3-4 weeks into flowering? It's not a shload of balls, just a few here and there. My question is: Should I cut these off as they pop up to avoid self-pollenazation, or let them go and hope they are just calyx. Remember, this is my only female and I'm already spending WAY too much money on her considering she's the only plant under a 600w HPS. The nugs are amazing looking, and I really don't want to stress the plant by cutting stuff off if I don't have to. Thanks for the help.

P.S. My camera is a POS and can't even remotely show what I'm talking about.

Re: Son of a...

Alright, here's my situation:

I started out with 6, 3 died, of those 3, 2 were males. So I'm sitting here with my one female and she's showing balls, I think. Do calyxes (calyxi?) grow from the main branch in bunches of 2-3 about 3-4 weeks into flowering? It's not a shload of balls, just a few here and there. My question is: Should I cut these off as they pop up to avoid self-pollenazation, or let them go and hope they are just calyx. Remember, this is my only female and I'm already spending WAY too much money on her considering she's the only plant under a 600w HPS. The nugs are amazing looking, and I really don't want to stress the plant by cutting stuff off if I don't have to. Thanks for the help.

P.S. My camera is a POS and can't even remotely show what I'm talking about.

I'll I can really do is wish you luck on that. I don't know your situation, but if you can get some new generics, do so post haste. Also inspect that grow room carefully for light leakage. It sounds like your room may have a small but consistent light leak. Major cause of hermaphroditism my friend. If you really want to harvest, go ahead and do so while being a nanner hunter. Don't worry about stressing the plant at this point as the consequences for stress are already apparent. Just vigilantly remove the hermie parts and if your humidity is not too high, I would suggest turning off internal fans to minimize pollen blowing around when the sac you missed pops.

Let me rephrase my question: Do calyx ever grow in pairs/groups?? Do pollen sacs ever grow by themselves, along with new growth??? I might have done some unneeded pruning.

Of the (pollen sacs) that I removed, none of them seemed to have pollen in them. I'm not too disappointed, better to be safe than sorry. And maybe they just weren't mature enough to have pollen.

look anything like this?

001147.JPG

No.

Remember, I had two males. I know what they look like. I just have a ball here and a pair of balls there. They could just be calyx, idk.

I just read your post, this sounds alot like my case. I had two nice NL in flower about 4 weeks and all of the sudden I see male flowers all over the one plant. While checking it out I see a puff of gold dust and shit it's too late. I harvested it right away and rinsed the other one's flowers with a spray bottle but I doubt I will be lucky not to have fertilized the other flowering female. Hermies suck. Now I am worried about the 6 others I just put into the flower room. I think I might have to remove everything and wash down the room and all of my plants to possibly save them. I don't know how this was created but I am on a mission.

Back
Top Bottom