hydro systems

dave_the_stoner said:
it's all abut organic soil
But if you're using organic soil it defeats the purpose of growing hydro.... hydroponics is growing without soil.

Unless you're saying organic soil is better than hydroponics... *shrugs*

I myself like the drip system because its easy as all hell but I'm also curious about possibly getting an aeroflo system.
I was wondering if anybody has heard in good outcomes from using this system or not. My drip system is hydroponics and the aeroflo is also hydro.
Aeroflo is where the roots hang and get sprayed but I've never heard anything personally from anyone I know if it works or not.
:grinjoint: :allgood:

Aeroponics are the best hydroponic systems. The plants get the nutrients easyer because the solution is fed through micro sprayers. the micro sprayers make a mist or fog and the roots absorb that very easy. This improves yeild and growing time.

Now that talk about organics. Organics are way better for taste. Not so much yeild. Chemical nutes will yeild you more, just fluch properly. There are some exelent organics that I use. They have the yeild of chemical nutes and can be used in a hydro set up. I wouldnt recomend using organics in an areo grow but you can in a drip, dwc, or ebb and flow. The nutes I use are Dr. Hornby Iguana Juice from advanced nutrients and I also use some of thier addements like carbo load, bud blood, and big bud.

now with the aeroflo do the micor sprayers get clogged really easy?
With pumping nutrients through them I would wonder how often they would need to be cleaned and exactly how do they get cleaned? I know with my drip I just change the lines every cycle because it's so damn cheap.
:allgood: :grinjoint:

good question that would be good to ask the company about maintenance of the parts and sprayers and when and how to clean or replace properly.
Peace P420

yeah they will get cloged useing organics, so in an areo dont use organics. they do clog sometimes with chemical nutes, to clean them just blow into them. its pretty much cheap for areo too, you can even build your own.

Something about aero makes me want to go to that system because it sounds almost bulletproof in ways. I know drip is a common system that is very reliable but buying the aeroflo from the manufactuer is real expensive.
How would I build my own aeroflow w/ sprayers and the whole nine yards.
I would definately ask the supplier how & how often is needed to clean the micro sprayers.
Thanks

are you trying to build trays or just an areo tub? ill give you some plans when you tell me what kind it is. like trays ontop of a resivour or just a tub?

I'm a first time grower and am thinking about using this system https://www.hydroponics.net/i/273012 . Has anyone ever used anything like this? Is it worth the expense? would I be ok to run 1 400 watt MH for all 12 plants or would I need 2 lights. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

My grow room will be in my basement with a height of 5'5"

Back
Top Bottom