Hypethetical question

MDVL

ok here is the situation. Patient and Caregiver are unable to grow within their homes. Can they by law "lease" an area on private land to do their thing? And if so how is the owners property protected and how is the owner of the property protected? any advice would be great.. thank you!

Great question. The rules state 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility. Whether that facility has to be on your own property or not, the rules do not say.

I would get a lawyer to draft a contract between your caregiver and the property owner stating the property is leased for growing medical marijuana and have it, along with the paperwork from the State, posted at the facility.

As for the protection of the landowner, that is a grey area as well and needs to be run by an attorney.

One other thing to think about is security. If it were in a building that didn't have a regular human presence you open it up to thieves. From what I have been told ppl that have been ripped off of there mmj are finding it very hard to get police cooperation. One of the guys in my compassion club tried on several occasion to get the police out to file a report. He finally got one but it was very difficult for him. I think it might aught be a better idea that the caregiver think about moving to a place with more space.

I would like to grow my own and thats looking very, very good. My question is that I'm very close to geting my M&M card and several new to be Med. Marijuana card holders want me to be there provider too. I'm ok with that except all this talk about tax's means accountability plus W2 for the provider. (nothing but friendship is free right.) I want to help and I think I can, I still have to accomplish being a grower. I guess if I can keep cost to minimum and price's very reasonable (enough to cover cost and my personal use) will it still be a reportable income or a donation ether way do I need to file. Also what about the M&M licence, when do I have to list my self as a care provider and list the names of those I'm providing for. This being my first year, I have to say this is and experiment. Oh I'm sure I will grow weed from bought quality seed Killawatt, Blue Mystic,***,Lowrider Hybred, and several others for the experiance. This should be pain reliefing, it will be my first time ever and I promised my care receavers a free night for eduction in use.It should be quite a seminar. So what about it do we need to list each other on our M&M cards or can we fill that in later. Thank you Gary

You might want to do what I'm doing to get up to speed on growing... I have no choice but to setup and run on pennies. I have one clone of some really good weed and 11 bagseed plants in veg right now, it's all I had to work with. Check out my grow journal below.

General procedure if you're growing plants for other patients is to have them "donate" the costs of fertilizer, etc, for the grow along with some costs for labor involved in caring for the plants. Right now, I only have one patient, which happens to be my wife, and she compensates me in "other" ways! :)

With despensaries on the horizon here, it may make good business sense to rent out a property, and have a few grow rooms. Everyone knows there are plenty of properties that need occuping. And soon there will be plenty of patients, and despensaries that need medicine.

I think it's a smart thing to get a lawer who speciallizes in this sort of thing before doing anything.

It is either Davison or Richfield township that just annexed areas for growing co-ops.

Hi Medijuana, Sorry about this delayed return, something went wrong on my end. The problem was fixed by someone much smarter then me! Sounds like you have alot better fringe bennifits then I got! I've learned alot these past few days, I also got my card now. I decided to go with caregiver and I'm still not sure about the tax situation in Michigan. I really hate playing catch up and asking questions that most likely have been talked to death. Lets say I do get good at raising the green stuff and my 12 plants plus produce alittle more then predicted. Can I take that to my local Caregivers Club to help with supply and demand for Medical use? And is it legal for them to sell my produce to those in need? Chance's are I flop I'm not what I use to be, but what if? Is it legal to belong to a cooperative/club? As I stated the last thing I want is trouble, yet it's in my nature to help others if I can? Thank you for your thought. Sincerely, Gary

Hi Warbux, Sorry for taking so long to return your message. I do value your councel and if you have any thoughts please wade in. Gary

Back
Top Bottom