I got a quiz ladies and germs! Want to test your knowledge?

xXMidasXx

So I have been growing a strain of blueberry kush I live in a part of the world where we usually don't see winter's but usually harvest in late November. So this one plant I've been growing for about two months now and never had an issue until today.

Feedings are usually about 4-5 days apart 3 if it's hot out. I have been starting to change it's feeding over to bloom and heard slowly reducing veg fert and adding bloom fert will help keep it green while it transitions Ive heard the sudden change can possibly shock it, so I figured it would be ok to give it half strength veg an full bloom strength which I feel is my problem. I somewhat cycle my feedings, being one day give it food and next feed straight water. Figuring it would help prevent salts building up and possibly keeping out nutes it needs. This time however I fed it twice in about 4-5 days with food. (1st feeding- 2.5 A formula. 2 B formula veg. 10ml A bloom 5ml B bloom and 5 ml cal/mag) second feeding the same with the thought of giving straight water the next feeding and giving it this in hopes to give it a nice boost of food before being in full out bloom. It been two days and today I seen these yellow spots on the new growth only about 4 areas on three leaves I'd say. It this normal? Am I feeding it too much and I need o flush? Or is it a bacteria problem? If it's the ladder what's the remedy?

Next I feel that the plants bottom leaves are limping a bit they have been like that for a while now but they are still full green, the shoots are stretching trying to get around them but this close to budding I didn't want to take any big fan leafs away since it needs as many as it can to collect that precious, precious sunlight. But I gave a pic of the full plant and you be the judge should I clip some leaves off? Or leaves them and strap the shoots to bend outwards?

Anyways hopes this proves challenging and hope to get help I don't want to start over until I get some new lights. So any info from the ledgends would be awesome
Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20180908_174533.jpg
    IMG_20180908_174533.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20180908_174524.jpg
    IMG_20180908_174524.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_20180908_174522.jpg
    IMG_20180908_174522.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20180908_174508.jpg
    IMG_20180908_174508.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 87
Hey friend.
I think your problem is PH.
What are you growing in?
Organic or mixed.
If that is two months old. gees. it looks small.

What is the PH of the water you use??
Wrong PH, causes yellowing.

Do not overwater, when you do water.
This run off over hyped.
20 to 30 percent run off, why. is there a large cake
of salt??
I use coco coir and sand. cheap.
Plenty of air for roots. very important.

Small? That isn't a clone?!? That's a momma from seed. And I think it's pretty nice if I would've grown from April/ may it would've been a monster but it's about 2 feet without the pot and I honestly wanted it to not be massively tall since I am in a residential neighborhood and bring the plants indoors and put them back out in the morning when I go to work.

And I'm using a soiless mix with work casting about 5-1 ratio. But I assume the nitro from the worm poop is gone after three weeks.

I'm pretty sure the whole pH could be off as I've never fed it so much in such a short period ( 1week) before so I might've burn her but I'll flush it next feed and hope it balances out then slam it back into bloom. I'll see what happens. I think it's just getting too much calcium really, but we'll see. And my water is sitting at around 6.5 , 6.6 I think?

Soilless mix doesn't have anything in it? It's a hydroponics growing medium. Other then the worm casting that I mixed with it at a 5cup to 1 cup ratio. I just watered two days ago and it's been kind of cold so not much heat to help dry the soil so I guess the answer is yes it's damp still soft and can push down on it and see it almost spring back as it collect air into the soil. Around the stem I'm not sure what you mean? And no they are definitely green, as I said I haven't really had much to complain about until this issue of the yellow spots forming on the new growth. The leaves soft?.. hmm I don't know how to answer that. Lol they feel like you'd expect a leaf to feel like. Maybe kinda dry and sand paper like I guess lol if I had to describe it

might be rootbound, the pot looks about one and a half bricks wide, and just as deep.
id repot, and get a little more nitrogen in there...….just what I would do, no expert.

also, I wouldn't let a hydroponic medium dry out, its not soil.

I don't think white-ish yellow spot are root bound issues? And I pretty much just transplanted about a week ago maybe week and a half? Somewhere around there. The pots are about a foot and a bit deep by probably the same width an I've trained roots the whole time reading that it helps promote massive root balls. I was gonna put them in buckets but that's just too heat. Again I'm doing this in a back yard in a residential neighborhood. I'm not out in California hills growing 300, 15 footers lol tbh it was mainly an experiment as to see how fast I could get something happening. Im probably sure it was either a pH problem, more then likely calcium over doesing. But I'll see I've grown indoor with pots the same size and grew some pretty decent size plants. So I can see these guys needing a 5th pot this close to flowering time.

Wouldn't root growth start to slow during that period?

Back
Top Bottom