I-inhale

sorry zolar, we only show videos from youtube, we do not allow attachments or downloads to protect you and your computer's safety...

great video vaporstore, thanks for the support and tutorial!

Got my unit today, thanks again vaporstore.

My observations on the i inhale:

First I thought it was cheap flimsy plastic but when I used it I was surprised. I placed my bud in there lightly (actually i sucked it into the chamber through the mouthpiece if that makes sense). Made sure it was full but not very packed. Took the advertised 45 seconds till the first hit but for the first 5 or so hits you don't get too much vapor. After 5 minutes id say it was hitting pretty good. It was odd though because i barely saw any vapor when i exhaled or in the tube when i inhaled (i added a tube as in the video but clear) but I still felt the herb come over me.

Usually when I vape the herb turns fairly brown but with the i inhale its still fairly green once it was cashed or stopped hitting. I'll probably save this and make butter or do a butane extraction once I save up enough. Is this already been vaped bud worth saving or not?

One more thing with this unit is that it's a personal vaporizer. You can pass it between two people but three gets a little iffy. You can do it, just takes a while and you may have to refill the chamber.

Worked pretty well and its easy to use. Not exactly volcano strength but with how portable the unit is it can afford to hit a little lighter.

Odd...could you see any green? I meen the spent herb definately did not look regular. It was brownish but you could still see green and it was very crumbly. I'll have to mess around with the unit and see if i can't figure out any more tricks to it. Not a huge deal...if there is any good stuff left in the leftovers I make butter monthly anyways.

I have a hard time knowing when the chamber is cashed as i can't see most of my hits. It'd be helpful if you posted a pic of your spent herb so i can use the color of the bud to judge when the herb is vaped. Thanks again vaporstore

Mine was in the mailbox when I got home Friday. Nice box. You can tell from the package quality that this vape is made by a company that has money and an established infrastructure. Let's hope Oglesby & Butler's experience with butane fueled products will make this vape safe and reliable.
The box shows a white unit, but I think only black with an off white trim is available now, at least in the US. Looks like they'll have yellow, orange, green, and the white available next year. The black one is what I would have chosen anyway.

Haven't seen any measurements posted, so here goes- almost 4 1/4" long and 2 1/2" wide, about 7/8" thick. If you include the installed 'stem' it's about 5 3/8" long. The mouthpiece extension (and white removeable mouthpiece) takes the length to 7 1/4". You really do need the mouthpiece extension and/or tubing, since the 'out of the box' vape with just the installed stem, gets pretty warm. I call it the 'stem' (since it's not long enough-heat wise-to use by itself), but they call it the "multi option mouthpiece". Extending the mouthpiece isn't an option, but a necessity, unless you like hot lips. It won't burn you but it gets pretty warm (some would say hot), and an extension cools the vapor as well. The vent half of the vape also gets very warm with extended use and I found a 3 fingered hold at the bottom where the on/off switch is, to be a good position.

I added about 6" of typical vape tubing (3/8" diameter, 1/4" inner diameter). You have to wiggle the tubing on-tight fit-, but once on, it shouldn't come off. I agree 100% that adding some tubing makes it a much more enjoyable experience. You at least need the mouthpiece extension-haven't tried that yet.

It can give pretty good hits. Depends on how much you load. Advertised capacity is .5g. My first load was .1g. Got some nice hits from that. It's pretty efficient. I put the .1g remains in my SSV and got another hit or two, but at a higher temp. I-inhale temp is limited to 374 F (190 C), so you can get a little more if you revape at a higher temp. There's no burning, so the I-inhale's thermostat works well. Loaded the bowl up later on and let my wife try it. She got quite a few hits and reported it hit smoothly. Her review- "This little sucker's great!"

The vape is really pretty easy to use. You just have to figure out the loading process as far as what suits you. It hisses (the manual calls it a 'roar') with a static sound when it's heating up-noisy enough to hear from across a small room if it's quiet. Turn on the TV and you can't hear it. The thermostat cycles it on/off, and you hear it a little after turning it off, as it dissipates the butane that's already been dispensed. Definitely quiet enough to make a great stealth vape at a concert, or in a movie theater where you don't have anyone next to you. Stick it in your shirt pocket with tubing attached, and it's totally hands free.

This vape mostly closely competes with the Volatizer VM3. Haven't used the VM3, but from reviews I've seen, the I-inhale hits better and long term, the butane system should outlast the VM3's battery, where you'll get shorter charge times down the road. It's about the same size, and if it holds up (it should-proven catalytic system), they should sell a lot of them, since it beats the VM3 price by $200.

The drawbacks-a lot of plastic and small parts, so it'll take care to avoid accidents, stripped threads, or losing small pieces. For example, if you unscrew the two sections of the mouthpiece before you ever use the unit, the moisture condenser may well fall out. It did with me. It's so small you may not notice it. It doesn't need the condenser for dry herb and you can remove it if you like.

It looks like this vape will do better with frequent cleaning. The condenser that fell out of the mouthpiece when clean, had to be poked out after the first night's use. It was sticky with condensed vapor, as was the tool after poking it through. You get an extra mouthpiece (including the condenser) and top and bottom screen. The screens don't have a real fine mesh, so small particles of herb will add to the cleaning chore. Parts will be available on the i-inhale.com site but are not listed there yet. I sent an email to the company today, asking about parts pricing.

Overall, it seems to be a really nice stealth portable. Time will tell for long term reliability, and I still have questions about how the butane catalytic process works and the safety of the plastics used. Because of the plastic construction and all the parts this vape will need careful use and cleaning. I plan to use it as a portable for brief sessions, so we'll wait for reports from heavy duty users to see how it holds up with frequent use.

I got mine yesterday. I'm very impressed so far. Quality construction shows in many small details. It gave good hits with the tiny amount of herb I have currently. I also re-vaped some leftovers from my VaporGenie and got more vapor from them!

Thanks Vaporstore!

Here's some info from the I-inhale manufacturer on materials used. Looks like some high tech stuff. I'm impressed and reassured.

The Outside plastic is not your everyday commonly found plastic.
It is "Ultem 1000" which is FDA and United States Pharmacoepia Class VI compliant. Ultem 1000 is a thermoplastic polyetherimide high heat polymer designed by General Electric. Ultem is also commonly machined into parts for reusable medical devices, electrical/electronic insulators and a variety of structural components requiring high strength and rigidity at elevated temperatures.

The reason we picked this plastic was because it has low thermal conductivity. If we used metal or other far cheaper plastics like glass filled nylon we could not make it so small without burning your hand off.

The internal plastics are made from DuPont Automotive Zenite* liquid crystal polymer, which also has a very low thermal conductivity and is FDA approval for use in repeated food-contact applications. Zenite* liquid crystal polymer is also used in auto ignition fuel handling, ovenware and the aerospace industry and for fuel or gas barrier structures.

And regards the advertised heat up time. The vaporiser itself will heat up to 190 degrees in 45 seconds not the herb. You should wait a further 3-4 minutes for the herb to get to temperature. Just like putting a bun in the oven, certain things just take time.

I removed the moisture condenser from the extra mouthpiece today and tried that. Improved the air flow a lot. I wouldn't hit it too hard without that piece though. It acts as a filter and helps cool the vapor as well.

What is the warranty on this?
2 yrs.

This product confuses me...if it is a catalytic converter, can anyone tell me what the catalyst is? The reaction between oxygen and butane is one of simple oxidation. The website didn't explain it well.
Anyone know?

-Umpsy

You're not the only one wondering how this flameless gas catalytic heater works. The company rep says he's trying to get an explanation put together that gives some info without giving out too much, since it's a patented process.

I know that butane, when used in a torch lighter, only leaves carbon dioxide and water vapor as by-products. With a regular butane lighter, you're not introducing oxygen under pressure, as with the torch, so the other by-product is partially burned carbon, or soot. I've seen no sign of any carbon leftovers with the I-inhale, so hopefully their patented catalytic process works as well as a butane torch.

Check Wikipedia for a science explanation.

Or, as I reported 'way back on page 1,

Fuel + Oxygen --> Heat + Water + CO2

They are used in many applications, all larger than the palm-sized I-inhale.

I've had one for 2 weeks now and I love it!

Roofer Ron :hippy:

As much as I like this little machine I'm starting to wonder if the thermostat on mine is busted. Every time I use it the bud is still barely browned afterwards (even after a 15+ minute session) and I have yet to see myself exhale any vapor. I still feel the effects but I'm worried it may be wasting my precious ganja. The bud is slightly browned but looks nothing like vaped bud from any other vape I've used in the past. If someone could post a pic of some spent herb from the i inhale that'd be magnificent. Thanks

Edit: I wrote this post as I was loading a different strain into the vape. Until today I'd been vaping the same bud every session. When I vaped the new bud I just aquired, almost every hit gave me thick vapor. Both of these strains were potent strains when smoked so why does one vape better than the other? One may have been slightly dryer than the other...would that make a difference? When I was done vaping the bud was much more brown too...

I have had similar issues when using different strains, which is why I always like having a temp control on my unit. The only unit that works well w/o a temp control IMO is the Purple Days. One thing I do with the herb that I put into the i-inhale is that I chop it up thru a grinder twice. Since you don’t have the luxury of breaking down your vaping material in between hits, I think this is the most important step to get high quality vapes out of this machine.

Umpsy:

The catalyst used is platinum. Here are a few references from a quick Google search:

"Catalytic Heaters
Catalytic heaters generate heat through a flameless catalytic reaction involving propane and oxygen. The catalytic heater generates heat by bringing the propane and oxygen (air) into contact with a platinum catalyst. A chemical reaction then occurs in which the propane and oxygen are converted primarily into carbon dioxide and water vapor. During the chemical reaction, heat is also released. The chemical reaction occurs at a temperature well below the flame temperature of typical infrared radiant heaters. In order to start the reaction, the fuel and air mixture must be ignited by an external heat source, such as a spark or pilot light."
CO EMISSIONS FROM A PORTABLE PROPANE CATALYTIC HEATER, United States Consumer Product Safety Commission 2003
--https://www.cpsc.gov/LIBRARY/FOIA/FOIA05/os/CO03.pdf

"They use a catalyst (such as finely divided Platinum) to chemically combine a hydrocarbon (such as propane) with the Oxgen in the air to form heat plus carbon dioxide and water."
--https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061020113624AACwXiI

"This is a catalytic heater: It burns propane without an open flame, using a platinum catalyst that allows the propane to combine with oxygen (burn) at a much lower than normal temperature (about 800F)."
--https://www.periodictable.com/Samples/078.9/index.s12.html

Here is a manual from a large industrial-strength heater:
--https://www.bruestcatalyticheaters.com/pdfs/Bruest-Catalytic-Heaters.pdf

Hope this answers your questions!
RR
:hippy:

Back
Top Bottom