I-inhale

Well from what I've experienced so far the warranty definately has it's down sides. I had to ship the unit all the way back to ireland (roughly $30 each way, $60 total) and shipping is estimated at 6-10 days business days so I'm lookin at about a month without the unit. Not the end of the world but not exactly convenient either. Also the warranty details are not (or at least when mine broke) anywhere online. Although the details are no where to be found apparently my damage is not covered...seems fishy. I'm currently working with i-inhale and vaporstore to see if we can work something out. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

The unit is great, but they need to rethink their warranty policy. In my opinion, busted units in the US should be sent to vaporstore (or whichever vendor the buyer went through), a new unit should be sent out and the vendor could send the old one back for i inhale to fix and sell as refurbished, or do with what they please. Also the warranty details NEED to be posted somewhere or included with the product (I didn't see any details in the box but I could be wrong) Thats a given with any product that has a warranty.

Still a great unit and I'm missing it's convenience right now.

lol your going to use the gf's when you send yours in huh?

Yes I am. We live togeter so it's all good. She shouldn't mind I hope.

Well from what I've experienced so far the warranty definately has it's down sides. I had to ship the unit all the way back to ireland (roughly $30 each way, $60 total) and shipping is estimated at 6-10 days business days so I'm lookin at about a month without the unit. Not the end of the world but not exactly convenient either. Also the warranty details are not (or at least when mine broke) anywhere online. Although the details are no where to be found apparently my damage is not covered...seems fishy. I'm currently working with i-inhale and vaporstore to see if we can work something out. I'll let you know how it all turns out.

The unit is great, but they need to rethink their warranty policy. In my opinion, busted units in the US should be sent to vaporstore (or whichever vendor the buyer went through), a new unit should be sent out and the vendor could send the old one back for i inhale to fix and sell as refurbished, or do with what they please. Also the warranty details NEED to be posted somewhere or included with the product (I didn't see any details in the box but I could be wrong) Thats a given with any product that has a warranty.

Well that sucks to hear and I agree they should post the warranty somewhere. Makes sense. Mine is warped a little, but no more than what it's already warped too. It still works and it does not bother me so much anymore with the little tiny gap. I think of it as breathing. I will still send it in when I get another one for my lady. I just hope they do not pull that crap about it not being under warranty. It's not like I did anything to it other than use. I have not even dropped it yet. (knock on wood)

Well the whole situation turned out much better than I thought it was going to. I inhale didn't charge me a repair cost as they'd originally stated. Also they picked up the return shipping too. The unit is fixed and on its way back. Should be here later this week or early next. Really a standup company when it comes down to it.

I have dropped mine, hit the floor and took off like a hockey puck. Results: one small crack in the lower case. A tough, well designed unit in my opinion!

:ganjamon:

"apparently my damage is not covered...seems fishy." Fishy? I'll quote your post about the damage-

"while trying to remove the heading element/filament/probe I broke the threads that screw the probe into the unit itself."

Warranties cover manufacturers defects, not user breakage.

"I inhale didn't charge me a repair cost as they'd originally stated. Also they picked up the return shipping too. The unit is fixed and on its way back. Should be here later this week or early next. Really a standup company when it comes down to it."

You betcha they're a standup company. You got a free repair and shipping for something that was your fault. They had no obligation to fix it free or pay your return shipping. I'll grant you that the warranty should be spelled out on the website, but if you think they're going to "rethink" the warranty to cover breakage, you're delusional. No company does that.

This situation is a little different than if i would have jus dropped the thing and broke it. I was removing the heating probe in order to clean the unit using I INHALE'S exact directions. The threads and the screw simply tore. Basically when i tried to unscrew the thing, instead of it unthreading, the threading broke...I was following the companies directions and my unit broke. In my opinion this should be covered and I think I inhale understood this, thus the free repair and shipping.

OK. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, although as an I-inhale owner I'd really prefer to think it was your fault. Doesn't give me a good feeling to know the same thing could happen to any inhale user. Hopefully there really was some defect in your particular unit that caused your breakage to happen. And next time something like this happens, don't say 'I broke'. Try to do a better job of blaming it on the manufacturer so somebody like me doesn't jump on you. :winkyface:

On the plus side, the heater screen (with the heating pin) stays quite clean compared to the herb chamber screen. I've unscrewed the heating pin one time, and I'd definitely say this is the trickiest part of the maintenance for this vape. I was holding my breath while screwing the pin back in. The 'maintenance tool' is essential. If you lose this tool it takes disassembly and reassembly to a whole new level of difficulty. I've found that occasionally cleaning the heater screen with ISO on a cotton swab allows me to avoid removing the screen and heater pin for the most part.

Sorry, from the first post it seemed like warranty coverage was expected without a manufacturer's defect. Nobody covers wear and tear. Apparently this one wasn't up to normal use.

I'll have to try 1 before I buy 1. I definitely inhale (and deeply), and I hold the precious smoke in my lungs as long as I can . . .
Vinny

A little update. I got my girlfriend one and she is really loving it. I also noticed the little gap in it must be normal as hers also does it when it heats up. I guess the material needs to expand just a little. I have noticed the area under the screen has gotten very dirty over time and I have no idea how to really clean it out good. It does not look bad or like anything I could get busted for, but it's really annoying seeing how clean hers is. I have also noticed mine is quite a bit louder and feels a little bit hotter than hers. They seem to both work the same, but I am not sure if there is something that happens to it over time. Mine has gotten wet so maybe that may have damaged it somehow. Not sure because it still works like a champ and produces some pretty nice vapor as well. So far I am still very satisfied with the unit, but now notice that since it's so much easier to vape since I have lung problems I tend to now vape a lot more often. I think I am going to have to take a step make and vape less even though it's so easy to breath in such sweet aroma of herbal goodness.:bongrip:

Is there a classifieds section to this forum?
I'll lobby for a classified section for you. It wil only cost you the price of a I-inhale.;););) Just kidding there. No we have no classified section. I'd take it from you but I am looking at my brand new PS3 sitting here and I know the wife isn't going to let me spend more money. Please discuss selling this on here with 420 before you start "any" advertising though. lol Better safe than sorry.

I just got mine monday, and i seem to be refilling it every day. not certain im getting a good fill. followed the instructions / video, and fill it till it squirts, but it seems limited to about 30 minutes of running time.

anyone else having this issue or have suggestions?

I just saw they are selling replacement screens. So far they are only selling them in EU. They are pretty crazy to try and charge the $43 price tag for 3 replacement screens. I have already begun saving the little discs and have found some screens I can put on them, but the screen mesh that is under the pin is going to be a little harder at replacing. Luckily it does not get too dirty.

Mine has officially busted. :( Well it works, but the damn thing does not turn on when it hisses after the first one. I have to basically click the piezo button each time I hear the hiss. I am going to have to send it to I-inhale. I believe this is due to getting it wet during cleaning. I have had to clean the actual unit because I got hash melted through the screen and pin which got the whole thing dirty. I checked the manual and it does not state any kind of warning about water so hopefully I don't get into it with them over this. I will let you guys know how it turns out. A little tip for all. Avoid any hash in this device unless you want a mission cleaning the mouthpiece and screens.:( I am posting this all over so please don't think I am a bot or something I just want this information known.

Does anybody have a problem trying to start their I-inhale? I have had mine for about 3 months and never neglected my unit. Now it takes sometimes 30 minutes just to get it started and it seems like maybe butane is leaking out of the unit after I just put it in. What are the steps I should take to get this repaired or due I have a defective I -inhale .

I have been trying to get in contact with the people at I-Inhale to get mine sent in, but it seems because of the holidays no one is getting back to me. I wish they would have at least let us know with an auto responder or something.

Back
Top Bottom