I-inhale

I was looking at both this and the vm3..... anyone know if the vm3 is also limited to 370F???

The VM3 has adjustable temp, but it's fat and clunky compared to the iolite and the hits are small due to the tiny bowl. Battery life/replacement cost is a concern too. $450 is a lot of $ for the advantages it provides. I'd rather have an iolite and a Magic Flight Launch Box. You'd have enough $ left over to buy a nice whip unit.

The VM3 has adjustable temp, but it's fat and clunky compared to the iolite and the hits are small due to the tiny bowl. Battery life/replacement cost is a concern too. $450 is a lot of $ for the advantages it provides. I'd rather have an iolite and a Magic Flight Launch Box. You'd have enough $ left over to buy a nice whip unit.

I know what you mean about the weird shape ,,, best description i heard so far was two packs of cigs back to back.

I really havent been able to find much online about the vm3 so could u talk a little more about the battery issues you are having

can you explain the small hits??? is it because of the amount of weed or the temps???

The ability to reach higher temps is the breaker for me betweent the two. :thanks:

I don't own a VM3. Never used one. But it's been around for several years and I've seen user/owner reviews on other forums, especially the defunct vaporinfo.com forum. I know a guy who had one for a dealer review not long ago and he had trouble forcing himself to use it often enough to do a good review.

You can see the bowls in pretty much any ad pic for the unit. They give you 12 I think (called filling chambers), since they're so small. You also need to use tweezers to remove the ceramic bowl when switching to a new one. The battery is a lithium rechargeable that predictably gives you shorter use times down the road as you repeatedly recharge it. It's supposed to last about a year before you need to replace it. I don't know the replacement cost, but personally I'd find that out before I paid this kind of $ for a portable. IMO it's not worth it for higher temps. The Launch Box is under $100 ($80 from one dealer w/discount), smaller than the VM3, and gets as hot as you want. If you can afford the VM3, go for it, but $400+ for a digitally controlled, watch size battery operated hand held unit is a lot. You only get a 90 day warranty and 6 mos. on the battery. That's not very good coverage for this price point, IMO.

all good points 9atled. I went and ordered a vm3 and will try to get a review up on a new thread after i have time to get acuainted LOL. Pce.

Make sure the unit is completely bled because sometimes air gets trapped inside and if ur filling it with butane on top of air it will always throw it off in the heating process so bleed it every time before u refill with butane

im kind of new at this, what &how do you bleed the unit??

After owning my iolite for about 2 years now and never getting it to work right I've come to the decision that it's crap. I've bled and bled and used the best butane money can buy but because I bought it off ebay the manufacturer won't touch it for repair. Even though I have the receipt and it was a brand new unused unit. We've gone over and over in arguement and they won't yield. Too late now anyway as it's about 1 month over the 2 year warranty.
I thought about buying the optimizer piece and trying it but I just can't see how that will help with a unit that obviously doesn't get hot enough.
If anyone is asking my opinion...forgo the iolite. There's a wooden vape out there that uses a AA battery that gives better vape hits than the iolite does.

Back
Top Bottom