I just had a notion

ya know,, i never kept my silly cheapo meter in water for the first four years of my grow life,, i figured i dunna need to,, i am smarter than some cheapo meter, them instructions are for everyone else,, not brilliant me,,

till a couple months ago,, now it means something,, the readings that is,,

for the first time ever recently, i get the same readings day after day,,

amazing,,

Sounds like what I do- just gotta reinvent that wheel. Anyone wanna buy some square wheels? A bit of a bumpy ride but work great otherwise and you never need a parking brake.

Ran a little experiment just out of curiosity and cuz I'm no chemist.

Ph for: tapwater= 6.8
tapwater with nutes= 6.8
de-gassed tapwater (24hrs)= 6.8

??

I was leery about cheap ph pens. Not sure if these test strips are even worth a pinch of coonshit.
You'd think there would be some sort of variation.

Ah well. Ladies are still content so I'm not gonna fret about ph much. Like some have said, not as crucial to monitor with a soil substrate I reckon.

I grow hempy now and adding full nutes drops my ph from 7.7 to right around 6. Which i am going with these days

Non nute days i adjust ph with vinegar. For good or bad. Have been using vinegar for years. Lately just more accurately

Cheers

Most people grow on a budget. Most of those are really tight. You use what you have too to get by.

I used paper test strips for years in the oil field. They always did the job just fine. While it is not exact it is still useful information. The more you use them the more you will understand them.

Back
Top Bottom