PH tester hell

saltybluegrass

so i buy this tester that proves my cheap yellow pen was bad- now this won’t calibrate to either solution 6.84 or 4.8.
Amazon shows it’s not even for sale anymore - no wonder !!
I google search and see some testers are $400+
Can someone help find me a reliable pen that doesn’t need calibrating after every 4 uses or at least reliable when you calibrate it?
I’ve got several crops planted that are going to be 911 soon

Attachments

• D5D36550-87A0-4905-B153-2F4905DB75A6.png
    D5D36550-87A0-4905-B153-2F4905DB75A6.png
    463.5 KB · Views: 39
I am doing hydro not coco or soil and I am
not sure about the electronic ph testers considering everything I have read about problems and calibration.
But if this is really a 911 over PH
I keep 2 bottles of lab ph strips for ph 1-12 and use them for quick dip checks. And use my PH Meter if
things are not clear and for concrete PH checks.
And this seems to work for me but I have used PH strips in the past, but they are an estimate
61F1j3I1u+L._SL1188_.jpg

Hydrion pH Strips ph range 1-12 100 strips per vial

BTW I think the PH meter above is the one I purchased and it does seem to be working

thanks mocha - makes sense to buy a couple cheap ones - i got strips and pens from both your all’s advice-
I cannot lose my babies again
thank you all

so i buy this tester that proves my cheap yellow pen was bad- now this won’t calibrate to either solution 6.84 or 4.8.
Amazon shows it’s not even for sale anymore - no wonder !!
I google search and see some testers are $400+
Can someone help find me a reliable pen that doesn’t need calibrating after every 4 uses or at least reliable when you calibrate it?
I’ve got several crops planted that are going to be 911 soon
When you have it in the 4.0 solution and it gets to 4.8, does yours have a button where you would push and set it at 4.0? That is how my blue lab works. Just checking to see if it is getting proper calibration. Also, soak that tip in the solution that is provided. If they dry out, they are hard to rehydrate and usually are not usable after they dry.

there are set screws on the back for tds and ph - i screwed them al the way down and yes, i left the cap off for 3 days. ugh
it didn’t have a soak solutiom- just the 4..8 and 6.8 - i went out and put it in the 4 solution - i’ll check it tomorrow

I had the yellow one as shown above never worked properly constantly calibrating it and the readings were always out. Bought a bluelab pH pen works perfect calibrated every two weeks and it's always bang on. You can keep buying cheap ones and second-guessing them or buy a good one that you can trust the readings that gives you.

I had the yellow one as shown above never worked properly constantly calibrating it and the readings were always out. Bought a bluelab pH pen works perfect calibrated every two weeks and it's always bang on. You can keep buying cheap ones and second-guessing them or buy a good one that you can trust the readings that gives you.
True I bought 3 yellow ph pens before I bought my trust hanna instruments now I don’t have to send guess as much

Back
Top Bottom