'I Love Jack Herer' Tour Kicking Off In The Pacific Northwest

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
The "I Love Jack Herer" Tour, kicking off April 30 in Seattle, will honor the memory of the much-loved hemp activist and author who died April 15.

"We will gather in his memory, remember his vision and celebrate his legacy with the I Love Jack Herer Tour," said Janice M. Johnson of From The Heart Entertainment, LLC.

Originally conceived as a way to raise money to help Jack and his family with the huge bills from his medical care, the Tour is now moving forward to raise money for Jack's family to help with the remaining expenses.

After the Seattle kickoff on April 30, the Tour continues to Olympia, Wash., on May 1, Portland on May 8, and Eugene, Ore., on May 9.

Admission to the show is $10. Non-perishable (canned) food will also be collected at the doors for donation to local food banks. Bringing two or more cans of food will get you $2 off the admission price.

Musical guests will include well-known Seattle pot favorites the Herbivores, The Devil's Boots, Sour Owl, Z Kamp, Sister Moth, Artesian Underground, Bajuana Tea, IChele, Mars Grass, Alkaline Vibe, and more bands.

Additional shows in California, including Los Angeles and San Diego, are planned for May and June, according to Johnson. Details will be available soon at I Love Jack Herer Tour (From Heart Entertainment) | MySpace, or for more information email welovethehemperorjackherer@yahoo.com.

"Jack was a hero and Freedom Fighter," Johnson said.

Herer is best known for his pioneering activism in the hemp movement. Author of The Emperor Wears No Clothes, Jack worked for more than 30 years educating people on the many uses of the hemp plant for food, fuel and fiber, and the beneficial properties of cannabis for both medical and recreational use.

"Jack spent a large portion of his life promoting the legal use of both hemp and cannabis in the United States and around the world," Johnson said. "Were it not for his dedication and passion for the movement, it would not have made it as far as it has even today."

Jack_Herer_Northwest_Tour_Poster_sized-thumb-420x648.jpg

NewsHawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: Toke of the Town - Cannabis news, rumor and humor
Author: Steve Elliott
Copyright: 2010 Village Voice Media Holdings, LLC
Website: Toke of the Town - 'I Love Jack Herer' Tour Kicking Off In The Pacific Northwest

Back
Top Bottom