I made a tincture from immature weed

that is totally dependant on how strong you like your acohol as all the canibnoids are in the liqure. You can reduce it if you want but with careful applicxation of the ratio of acohol to weed you really dont need to. But again its up to personal preference:cool:

basicly if you dont like the acohol taste and burn you can let it evap to a more pleasurable level....personal preference :)

The best recipe I have ever seen for a tincture is using 150 proof everclear add 7 grams of wicked bud per ounce of alcohol so 7x26 or 182 grams soak for 3 weeks and then strain off and squeeze the rest of the essential oils from the left over plant matter. Please have a sitter with you the fist time you use this mixture and dont go over 10ml dose your first time as it has all the goodness of about a gram of killer bud. After some experience you can try a whole shot but be warned this is only for the truly brave at heart.

3 weeks?!?!? thats way long as the acohol splits off the canibinoids in a matter of minutes with agitation and proper preperation. If you really want to make sure its all disolved wait 24 hours but any longer than that and your just leaching out stuff you dont want like that green stuff (sorry to early couldnt remem the proper name):grinjoint:

anyhting more than a drop or 2 (not a dropper) will be waaaaaaay to much for most people as a 1st dose. Be very careful iwth concentrates as they have a nasty habit of sneaking up on you when you least expect it. It is far safer to start off at a low dose and go up from there. I personally wouldnt want to spend half a day haveing a major panic attack.... would you?:grinjoint:

3 weeks?!?!? thats way long as the acohol splits off the canibinoids in a matter of minutes with agitation and proper preperation. If you really want to make sure its all disolved wait 24 hours but any longer than that and your just leaching out stuff you dont want like that green stuff (sorry to early couldnt remem the proper name):grinjoint:

here is a small exerpt from 420 magazine this is ed rosenthals tincture recipe

Cannabis should soak anywhere from one to 10 days. Some folks soak it for up to four weeks, following that up with a secondary five day soak in fresh ethanol just to ensure all cannabinoids have been leached.

Buds are great for tincture, but must be dried firstHowever, some others insist that the buds remain in the solvent no longer than six hours. They claim that solvents instantly grab onto THC molecules, and anything after this time frame benefits only terpene, oils, and chlorophylls, contaminating the final product.

From my personal experience seven days is adequate, but you should experiment with different time frames to see what works for you and your buds.
The recommended minimum cannabis to alcohol ratio is one gram of bud per 35ml (one fluid ounce). Some prefer up to seven grams per 35ml but others might find this too strong. Individual needs vary. Cautious experimentation is the key.

The 3 weeks recipe I got from reading a recipe frm the toronto Church g-13 Church of the universe. But I was going by memory and after reading the above info from 420 I rememberd it was 14 days extract and then a 5 day soak in fresh ethanol at 1/4 strength to remove any trapped oils. Also g-13 church reccomends the use of 90% food grade ethanol but when i tried that I was less then enthusiastic about the taste so switched the alcohol to everclear and found the lower alcohol % doesnt seem as harsh.

In contrast I have also gone completely off and one time purchased a bottle of czek absinthe With the label King of spirits cant remember the distiller however but this was the most kick ass tincture ever whith the introduction of thujone it took on a life of its own but this is for experienced absinthe/cannabis tincture drinkers only a complete newbie to tinctures or absinthe is very likely to have a bad reaction to the effects.

But if you have ever drank King of spirits its a 85% alcohol with 100mg of thujone extracted from wormwood follow the above recipe but no second soak is required (how fucked up do you really need to be right?) Anyways If you can afford to put 1/4 lb of prime bud into a $235 bottle of absinthe so basically this is gonna be a bottle of booze worth over a grand when your done and will last a very long time my own bottle lasted me for about 4 months and also if you are going to try this recipe with absinthe start off with a small sample of say 5ml max I personally have only taken a full shot once and its effects were a little to intense and long lived for myself but those who have a much higher medicinal need for it then myself will be okay (present scrip is 5g/day).

So you are correct in small amounts you dont need a long soak but when dealing with large quantities you are going to need substantially more time as the plant matter needs time to settle and the oils over time rise to the top but as the quantity is so large the essential oils slowly work there way to the top with the alcohol and the plant material settles to the bottom.

anyhting more than a drop or 2 (not a dropper) will be waaaaaaay to much for most people as a 1st dose. Be very careful iwth concentrates as they have a nasty habit of sneaking up on you when you least expect it. It is far safer to start off at a low dose and go up from there. I personally wouldnt want to spend half a day haveing a major panic attack.... would you?:grinjoint:

Excellent point but a eye dropper containing 5ml of tincture if you used the recipe of 7g/oz of alcohol or 35ml so 5ml will contain the essential oils of one gram of cannabis so 5-10ml should be fine as a begginers dose depending on the potency of the cannabis used. Of course if you have pot that 1g ingested will mess you up really bad then you will want to lower your dose of tincture but I have found that generally the average good bud in my area a gram is a decent dose and provides a nice buzz and very effective pain relief for 2-4 hours which I feel is dependant on the level of cbd.

I have also found that more cereberal pot is not as effective in tinctures and for the past 2 years have exclusively used 100% or at the very least 70/30 indica/sativa strains. Pure sativa strains seem to have a much shorter effective time but a much stronger effect. So in the end it all comes down to your preference if you Like a strong cereberal uplifting spiritual buzz then sativa is for you and if you like the couchlock feel no pain effect then go indica I trully wish we still lived in the days when you could walk into a pharmacy and buy bottles of cannabis indica tinctures which were available from the 1850's -1930's

LOL just becuase you read it somewhere does not mean its true. It will also vary by strain to some extent. As long as the material is prepaird properly a single 24 hour period is more than enough for ACTIVE extraction (not passivly sitting in a coner). You can let it sit as long as you like but the longer it sits the more "garbage" you strip from the plants. So it really comes down to how "pure" you want it as well as taste time etc.

LOL just becuase you read it somewhere does not mean its true. It will also vary by strain to some extent. As long as the material is prepaird properly a single 24 hour period is more than enough for ACTIVE extraction (not passivly sitting in a coner). You can let it sit as long as you like but the longer it sits the more "garbage" you strip from the plants. So it really comes down to how "pure" you want it as well as taste time etc.

Did you read my entire post? I have used this exact recipe Created by Ed rosenthal author of the Marijuana growers guide. He suggests 7 days himself but as I dont want to waste anything I soak mine for 2 weeks then 1 more week in a fresh batch of ethanol but 1/4 the amount to make sure I get everything and as you are only using 5ml (1tsp) the taste isnt an issue as I normally put 1-2 tsp in my coffee in the morning. When i used the absinthe I only soaked it for 2 weeks with no secondary wash with fresh absinthe because of the expense. Its all a matter of how stingy you are as I dont like to waste anything I even use a press I made to wring all the juice I can from it. I have tried lower soak times when I first started but after making the tinctures I would let the bud dry out then try to make qwiso from it I found myself that after soaking 4 oz for 7 days after drying it and then adding 91% iso i still got 15 grams of decent hash . The last time I made it using 2 weeks then 1 week in fresh alcohol I was only able to get 4 grams of not so good hash but still had thc in it. So its all a matter of do youwant everything out of it or are you going for taste I have not had any unpleasant side effects form soaking it longer as in it didnt turn my stomach or anything no headaches nothing but seeing as we are drinking it and not evaporating the alcohol to make hash the clorophyl in the plant isnt an issue especially when you consider they make gum with clorophyl in it

Back
Top Bottom