I need alottta help here.

Beezy

So, yesterday I went and purchased all the lumber I needed to make a grow cabinet... Turns out we dont have a drillbit at my buddys house but eh, its all good. I will build it today haha.. Well The dimensions are 2ft. by 2ft. by 5 ft in height

Im new aswell, and I have a few questions concerning intake and exhaust etc..

Lights
So I will only be growing 1 plant for now, and I was thinkig about a 300w cfl for veg, and then for flower, a 300w cfl and 250 hps. that should about right?

And check it out, for my cfl, I am getting an attatchment that turns my light bulb socket, into an electrical socket. I will the get a clamp on lamp so I can lower / raise my light to whatever height needed, and I may also add that the glass will be able to be raised and lowerd aswell.

Exhaust / Intake
So from my research, i will be making a heat barrier : ) (this is obviously MUCH more efficiant than anything else i've seen) Glass will be the barrier.
Heres the problem. I live in an apt. and this cabinet will go in my closet.. I have to exhaust back into my room, which is no problem (I know I have to deal with odor smell) But exactly how would I do it?
And with the exhaust intake, I know I cut one or two holes (intake holes) in the bottom correct? And from my experience in automobiles and stuffs, The intake hole should be larger if im correct?
Now with the fans, I have a couple computer fans laying around not sure cfm. rating but what really compuzzled me ol' head was how to not let sunlight get into where the fans were? And should I have 2 fans pushing fresh air in? And two pushing air out? or what? :O

Any help is appreciated, Try to get back to me asap. Gonna head off to build it when my drill arrives ><><><

Thanks <3

A 300 watt CFL? Sure that is not an eqivelant to 300 watts? One CFL in a 2x2 space is not going to be real productive. Also growing one plant is not the best idea unless you have a clone that you know is female. If you are growing from seed germ 4-6 and hope you get a viable female out of the bunch.

Your intake should be on the bottom of the box, exhaust on the top. You are working with 20 cuft of space so ideally you want at least a 40 cfm fan. I use one fan to force in fresh air and another fan to extract the hot air.

A 300 watt CFL? Sure that is not an eqivelant to 300 watts? One CFL in a 2x2 space is not going to be real productive. Also growing one plant is not the best idea unless you have a clone that you know is female. If you are growing from seed germ 4-6 and hope you get a viable female out of the bunch.

Your intake should be on the bottom of the box, exhaust on the top. You are working with 20 cuft of space so ideally you want at least a 40 cfm fan. I use one fan to force in fresh air and another fan to extract the hot air.

So a 40 cfm fan for exhaust, and intake, That covers that sir. thanks you..

And on the lighting, why wouldn't a 300w cfl that is retractable in height, meaning.. When the plants small I can move the light down close to it, and when it grows I can raise it up... AND. how would anyone suggest exhausting it into my room (remember the cab is in my closet).

And i will most likely veg 2 plants for the 50/50 chance i have of female / male seeds. I cannot grow more than that, and thats that. : ) thanks though.

oh and ps i forgot to add this. The cabinet is made out of MDF board, Is that going to be well for the 1 plant, I wouldn't want the walls of the cabinet to start warping and shit, or have mold in it. haha :/

I need more help guys!!

If the CFL is a true 300 watts then it should be ok. If it's rated light output is 300 watts but the true wattage is like 50 watts you will want more light. Don't cheap out on the lighting.

Yea I gotta get the light from grainger, and it is a true 300w cfl : ) hince why im gettin from grainger.. BUT.

Still nothing on any of my other topics.

And im slightly mad at lowes employes, they never cease to amaze me i tell you what.. Cut my MDF boards wrong, Now i have to cut two more pieces, and IT will be partially finished! : ) Anyways, good blazein'

Back
Top Bottom