I need help/diagnoses.

hydrogrower

What Strain is it? Blueberry
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? unknown
How Many Plants? 5
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg.
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 6 weeks from seed
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? hydro
If Hydro, Reservoir size? 20 gallons
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature? 69
If Hydro, what type of Medium? expanded clay
If Hydro, what type of Setup? ebb & flow
If Soil... What is in your Mix?
If Soil... What Size Pot?
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? one - 1000 watt mh on a mover
Is it Air Cooled? yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? high 88 low 58
RH of Room/Cabinet? 30%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 5-6
Any Pests? no
How Often are you Watering? down to once/day for 15 minutes
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? GH 3tsp/gal grow, 2 tsp micro, 1tsp bloom
Size or Square Footage of Room? 8 x 8
Co2 added at a rate of 1 cu. ft. 15 on and 15 off.

I thought I had an over watering problem so I cut back from two feeds/day to one and flushed thoroughly. Symptoms seemed to improve a little, but as you can see I still have clawing of new leaves on four of five plants and some canoeing of older leaves. My last grow went fine, the only thing I changed was the addition of the white poly sheet covering the tray to increase reflectivity and decrease evaporation. Could this plastic be impeding the flow of oxygen to the roots? I added an air stone to the reservoir on the same timer as the pump i.e. once/day for 15 minutes. Although I'm experienced, this is my first time with expensive seeds so I really want it to work. Thanks for any help you can offer.
garden_0011.JPG
garden_0021.JPG
garden_0031.JPG
garden_0041.JPG
garden_005.JPG
garden_0062.JPG
garden_0072.JPG

Blueberry is an Indica/Sativa strain. The percentage of Indica is about 80% with 20% Sativa genetics. Your plants look good though from your posting your PH level may be a bit low. Marijuana likes a near neutral PH which is about 7...

Marijuana likes a near neutral PH which is about 7...

Not in hydro it doesn't...looking for 5.3-5.8 to maximize nutrient uptake. Your plants don't seem to be in alot of trouble by any stretch, but the slight twisting of some of the leaves could indicate a heat/ph problem.

88 is definately on the warm side, but the CO2 will help that to some extent. Try to get that top temp down 8-10 degrees and try to keep your bottom temps a little north of 60. 35+ degree temp swings are pretty wide, and should be closed up some if at all possible.

If you can realign your temps, then I would consider adding a flood cycle or two...seems like 3-4 is the optimum number of floods per day and it's the amount I most commonly see used in Flood and Drain applications.

Good luck, you've got some fine little plants going.

the slight twisting of some of the leaves could indicate a heat/ph problem.
Thanks for the input. I've been checking pH with a General Hydroponics vial and indicator solution and I don't think it is accurate. I just checked pH with a rapidtest mini meter and got a reading of 6.5 to 7. I'll have to spend some real money on a more accurate meter today (if the hydro store is open on Sunday) to see what is really going on. I think I saw a thread about the best meter to buy so I'll have to do some research.

Not in hydro it doesn't...looking for 5.3-5.8 to maximize nutrient uptake. Your plants don't seem to be in alot of trouble by any stretch, but the slight twisting of some of the leaves could indicate a heat/ph problem.

88 is definately on the warm side, but the CO2 will help that to some extent. Try to get that top temp down 8-10 degrees and try to keep your bottom temps a little north of 60. 35+ degree temp swings are pretty wide, and should be closed up some if at all possible.

If you can realign your temps, then I would consider adding a flood cycle or two...seems like 3-4 is the optimum number of floods per day and it's the amount I most commonly see used in Flood and Drain applications.

Good luck, you've got some fine little plants going.
Southern is right, your PH should be a bit lower than 7. After I logged off, I thought about it and double checked with a good friend. He concured that my statement was a bit high. I apologize for that and for not getting back sooner with the correction...:ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom