im a beginner grower i have a question that any semi experienced grow can answer

QuincyGrow

i am sorda a first time grower first time being very serious about it before i was just a idiot trying to grow weed to show off to my highschool friends haha but i really would like to know at what times u will want a high N a high P and a high K for your plants and also what should i be giving to my organic outdoor seedlings that will not burn and just help set myself up better for my future harvest any advice would be amazing thank you

you dont want to go too high on nutes man. seedlings dont need nutrients right away. Im sure you can find some good local brands you can use on the net or in our serch engine. usually 1/4 strength I think (im a hydro grower so idk) and work up..feeding with nutrients every few waters. People probably didnt reply because of what you wrote about your friends and such. Rule one of a grow is not to tell anyone. I remember when I was in HS I did that same crap.

ya i understand i dont still do that haha im past that shit and thanks man but ya thats when i was a kid and i just havent grown since then

I can give you the basics-- but it isn't just an easy reply hun...

you need to get seeds, have good soil & planters ready as well as the correct nutrients...
you also need the right lights.. CFL bulbs in a cheapo clamp light will work for one or two small plants if you use enough of them at 100-150w output per bulb..
you need a small oscillating fan so the plants are always slightly moving-
fresh air intake and an exhaust for stale air...
you also need a space big enough for the plant that is completely light proof on the inside-- no pinholes of light can come in when the lights are off...
You also need a pH test strip roll or decent pH meter-- every drop of water you use MUST be pH corrected to between 6.5 and 7.0 when watering OR aafter you mix in the nutrients to feed the plant.

then you need to pre-sprout your seeds, plant them with the taproot down and the seed-head at the surface of the soil under your lights-- the lights need to be within 2 inches of the seeds and be raised as the seeds sprout so they are allways within 2-3 inches of the plants tops...

Depending on the soil you use, do NOT feed them until they have at least 3 sets of true leaves (the serrated ones- not the original round cotyledon leaves) then start them on a very low dose according to a nutrient chart (there is one on this board somewhere)

When they are about 1/3 to 1/2 the height you want at harvest (depending on the strain of seed you choose) you put your lights on a timer to be on for 12 hours then off for 12 at the same time every day. There can be NO light leaks, or they can hermie and ruin the buds.

Follow the growers guidelines for bloom times- but get a good magnifier and start looking at the crystals (called trichomes) on the sugar leaves and buds about 7 days ahead.. watch for the stalks to get beads on the end-- and the beads to turn milky white and a few start to turn gold.

DO NOT try to go just by the # of days in bloom or the color of the pistils (hairs) as many strains will change color all thru the grow or because of sprays/stress etc... and does NOT tell you they are ripe!
When they are almost ALL cloudy-- flush lots of pH adjusted water thru the soil and stop feeding it for 2 weeks and use just water- OR uproot the plant -- rinse the roots, and sit it upright in a bucket of room temp. water with an airstone/bubbler in it. Change the water daily... this is called an "emergency" flush and is done for 3 days instead of the usual 2 weeks in the soil.

When ready-- cut off all the fan leaves, chop the main stalk and hang the plant in the shower for a quick rinse with room temperature water to remove any sprays, dust , bugs etc... let it drip-dry an hour then trim it up and hang it to dry in a dark place for at least 2-3 days.. then remove all the buds to a rack or screen to dry for about a week

WHen the outside feels crispy-- put them loosely into jars and lid them up overnight. The next day- check the texture - if soft & damp-- dump back onto the screen till crisp again, and re-jar. Do this over and over until they are "just right".. you MAY need a dehumidifier if the weather is humid/rainy.

Once "just right" jar them up and either use as needed- or (my preference) put most away to "cure" in the dark somewhere. Open the jars for an hour every day for a couple weeks... that is when the true flavor & aromas come out!!!

There ya go-- basics in a nutshell-- not the most complete or best description- but can get you started anyway.

Look for either Greg Green or Jorge Cervantes "Grow Bibles" on Amazon.com they are VERY helpful (I like Cervantes best !)

thank u so much and i want to jorge cervantes grow bible badly he is a genius and i have a mentor grower lol and hes if i was to guess in the top 5 most accomplished growers in the sierra nevadas thank u again and that tip for the curing was new to me id always heard just leave it in a jar and dont open it which i thought sounded dumb so imma use that thank u again

Back
Top Bottom