In the last few weeks of flower: Bam!

Gee

As a newbie, I just wanted to say, that all those people saying the buds will get bigger the last few weeks before harvest weren’t pulling anyone’s chain.

The last few days they’ve visually grown and the branches are more weighted down, like a light rain might do...

Thanks for all the advice.....now what to do with it all..lol

let it continue. how many weeks have you had it in flower? you want to keep it alive for at least 8 to 10 weeks depending on the strain you are growing. good harvest my man.

Flower since early To mid July. I have pics to remind me of dates. Yes I’m not harvesting quite yet though am trimming water leaves that are creating too much shadow over other buds. Doing just this has helped a lot.

The plants Bud tips look like nipples and all buds are doing it. I wanna touch em. J/k

Yes during Flowering I try to cut off all the fan leaves that can block light. Dont forget to start adding 1 tablespoon of unsulphred molasses per gallon of water. This will make a big difference on the amount of trichromes that will appear.

I meant early to mid August lol. Had to look at pics

Unsulfered molasses???? When does it end...lol. Not complaining, just learning a lot

I meant early to mid August lol. Had to look at pics

Unsulfered molasses???? When does it end...lol. Not complaining, just learning a lot
I figured that if the plants were finishing up then you did mean early to mid August. That is the time frame for most of the US. Next year it will be the same couple of weeks.

Yep, molasses. Do a search of the msg board for more info. Also do a web search using your favorite search engine. Farmers have been using molasses to boost their production for over 100 years.

There is a bit of a discussion on why it has to be unsulphered molasses. I say sulphured molasses is just as good for what farmers and gardeners are doing. Have not found anything that says otherwise; just people repeating what they read. The unsulphured molasses is a must have for cooking and baking, though.

Enjoy the day.

Thanks for all the advice.....now what to do with it all..lol

For starters, for the love of all things...

dry and cure it properly once it's ready! :thumb:

Possibility of ants? I’m growing outdoors.
Never noticed, or actually paid attention. I doubt that there is enough sugars from the molasses left on the surface of the soil the entice ants. It is not as if we are leaving small piles of sugar laying aound for ant to find.

Except for Carpenter Ants or the Fire Ants most ants are beneficial. They will clean up and drag off other dead insects and vegetation. They are another part of the decomposition process.

I have not noticed any problem with ants chewing on any healthy plant.

Ants won't chew your plants, but the aphids they protect will.

A very interesting study of nature at work is watching the ants tend to their herd of aphids. The aphids are sucking the liquids right out of the plants until the plant dies. Then the aphids and ants are gone. The ants protect the aphids and will carry off attacking insects.

Aphids, ants and a flowering annual called Cosmos was the center of a nature lesson for the grandkids last year.:)

Back
Top Bottom