Info on Botanicare Kind Nutrients

josh223

Does anyone use this product line?

I'm not a fan of their online nute calculator. It doesn't work quite right. You can plug in your base and then add pick and mix additional additives. Well, I put in Kind for the base, 1 week veg, 9 weeks flower, and 5 gallons for reservoir size. I want to also use their Sweet product. The "calculator" bumps the PPM's to 2030. What kind of calculator is that?

I don't want to waste anytime figuring it out by trial and error. Maybe someone has seen a grow journal on here or knows of someone using it.

Re: Info on Botanicare Kind Nutrients.

I use botanicare you can look through my journal
one thing ill advise you is not use the online or bottle schedule they have a little leaflet you can use that with success
ill scan it and post it for you once we can upload pics again

btw you need the coco soil feed sheet or the hydro inert media grow sheet?
so I know which side of the little sheet to scan

also
I only use the pro grow for veg with silica blast
in bloom I use pro bloom silica blast as scheduled on the sheet hydroplex as scheduled on the sheet for sweet product you can sub any sweet product I use massive
clearex for flushing
just started using cal -mag but a different brand cause I didn't want to drive all the way to the hydro shop lol
but basically for most of my growing ive only use the pro grow, silica blast, hydroplex, pro bloom, and massive
edit
and I only use the cal-mag on one plant showing me some calcium deficiency's
its why I went out and bought it just because it showing the problems
on the other plants I don't use the extra cal-mag
as every plant is different some may need a little added things this is the first time im adding cal mag and again its only for one plant

also note that I just looked so lol
in this faq section second listing from the top is nute info and they have botanicare nutes 1st
they seem to use most of the stuff theres a few omissions on mine I don't use everything
but you can check my journal couple of my latest grows using what ive told you in hydro mind you gave me over 4 oz dried on one plant indoor under led's

Thank you kindly Cronichemphog. I'm running inert, Hempy Pots with perlite and vermiculite.

I checked the one section you mentioned and earlier. I only saw info for Botanicare Pure Blend. I'm going to be using Botanicare Kind as the base nutrient. I checked out some of their recopies. Wholly crap, Expert Hydro lists 11 components and not including mychariz or what ever it's called. That's a lot of measuring. The Enhanced Hydo lists 8 components. Strange that some don't over lap.

The old nutes had 7 components + the root stuff. I've never used a flushing agent. I'm going to buy a PPM meter though. Still running tap water too. The PH fluctuates throughout the year so I'm thinking the PPM would also have to. Once I have the it dialed in, I want to be able to keep it that way consistently. Also going to be running three additional strains.

Thank you again. +REPS

:thanks:

Added: I'm assuming from the editing on the first page of your current grow that you were using what I am still for nutrients. Can't say the name, but which do you think performs better? I'll start reading everything in a bit.

I like my botanicare stuff
the other stuff was given to me for free so I decided to make use of it
still using it on my latest 60 day wonder seems to be doing fine

oh and sorry I got it mixed up yea im using pure blend stuff trying to keep it as organic as possible
oh yea on the unmentionable stuff
I wouldn't keep using anyway as the source is not very trusting from what I read by a trusted grower here who has been lied to by the owner of unsaid nutes
im not saying the nutes are bad but if you keep ordering from that source you may be on a list you don't want to be on
since the nute source has legal issues

if I can find other info on the kind nutes you are using ill post it for you
the leaflet I have wont do you any good as its for pure blend
im gonna sub to your journal so I can look in there

Sorry that I missed this thread.

I'm currently using KIND for the first time - you can read about it in my journal linked below. I am in soil however.

One of the points of this grow is to see just how far I can push the plants. Normally I'm and EJ guy but I wanted something with a bit more umph and precise control. I'm getting both with KIND.

That said, the base & grow are pretty N rich and I am going to back off on the base the next feeding as I'm showing some N overloading. I have been using Botainicare's feed schedule as printed on the bottle and combined with the VermiFire I think it just got too hot. Probably not a problem with coco or in a hempy.

One lesson I have learned so far is that if you are going to use Silica Blast that you should mix that in last so it gets as diluted as possible on contact. If the concentration of other nutes are too high something happens and the silica precipitates out into white globs almost instantly.

Also, because of the N loading I'm seeing, I'm not going to use the 3 week "flower transition" recipe that calls for large amounts of base and grow along with bloom. Instead I'm going to stay with the week 4 feed mix, but add the "transition" amounts of bloom to the mix. Again, I think that the VermiFire is the culprit here.

Except for the silica blast issue, this line mixes well with other products. I have been using MaxiCrop and some B1 among other things and there doesn't seem to be a problem. Equally as good is that I have had no need for a CaMg supplement - yet.

I hope this helps a bit.

B-

Thank you for the information Blazer420. I'll be checking out your current grow shortly.

This is the lineup I'm going with:: Botanicare Clearex, Botanicare Hydroplex Bloom, Botanicare KIND 3-Part, Botanicare Liquid Karma, Botanicare Sweet Carbo Raw, Botanicare ZHO Root Inoculant.

That's everything from their Enhanced Hydro schedule except Hydroguard. Couldn't see it on Perfect Garden's web site so I added the ZHO.

That is a few more products than I'm using. I would probably go with that lineup if I had more experience with the line and growing in general. My thought is that by keeping it simple there are less areas I need to look into if there is a problem.

I'm changing from a brand that had the same number of products except that didn't include a flushing agent. I think I can handle it.

I was going to go with the Advanced Hydro Schedule. Think that had 11 products. That's a touch too many. I'm considering changing to coco in the next few months so I'm just taking it slow.

Back
Top Bottom