Confused on how much and how often to feed

Verdigris

Hi im new to growing and im using the full nutrifield range however im quite confused on how much and how often to feed for a few reasons

1. the nutrifield nutrient calculator has 3 feeding levels LOW starts at 400ppm tops at 950pmm in week 8, MID starts at 550ppm tops at 1200ppm in week 8 and HIGH starts at 650ppm tops at 1300ppm the ppm of all feed levels also drops buy 100ppm every week for the last 3 weeks, here is a link to the nutrifield calculator if you want to try it out

Nutrifield - Nutrient Calculator

2. the strain im growing is purple kush from crop king and the comments on the web site say it is a light feeder here is a link Marijuana Seeds Canada - Buy Purple Kush Feminized Seeds

3. lastly i believe the calculator is telling me amounts for a DWC, drip to waste, or some other sort of reservoir based system such as hydro/bubble/aeroponics how ever i will be hand watering in coco, 2 pots will be 33L and 2 pots will be 18L (not enough room for 4x33L) how much and how often should i water these pots when my plants are in them and how often should the watering contain nutes/additives

more info in my journal link is in my signature, any answers or help please reply in my journal

Re: Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

So did i little research im estimating i should water about every second day (maby a little more in flower) 2L for the 18L pots and 5L for the 33L pots and alternating between regular water and nutes is this any where near correct

When I am using liquid ferts I feed every day. It is nearly impossible to over water coco. Start slow and work your way up. You will know when they get too much. You can really push them when growing coco, it's more like passive hydro than soil. You should be good with the coco specific nutes but keep an eye on calcium and magnesium deficiencys.
Also when running salt based nutes make sure you are getting a little runoff, like 10-20% or they will build up in your medium.

What stage are they in?

hi thanks guys iv started feeding but now im unsure how much of each a&b to use is it 1ml of each or half a ml each here is my feeding chart
pdf_3kplr2d2uthnqc7nqt605uh7r1-page-001.jpg

I water with nutrients every day. I grow in coco. I got 7.9oz off my Auto buddha Syrup. Now I water by hand until roots are established, then I put my plants in a bottom feeding gravity fed system called auto pot.

It is sort of like a self watering hempy style.

Oh, also, I now go by EC because there are two types of calculations for PPM that meters use. One is 500ppm the other is 700ppm. Someone might say to water with 1200ppm but they are using the 700ppm style meter, and you are using a 500ppm style meter. This means when you water with 1200ppm, you get giving them way more nutes than the other guy.

i know the difference between the way ppm is measured and i know the ppm im aiming for all i asked was 1ml of each or half a ml each a&b

Re: Nutes - What To Use & How To Use Them - Tutorial

So did i little research im estimating i should water about every second day (maby a little more in flower) 2L for the 18L pots and 5L for the 33L pots and alternating between regular water and nutes is this any where near correct
coco is best watered DAILY once you have established roots and ALWAYS water to waste. if you are not doing this you are going to get soil or less than results.

Back
Top Bottom