Informal Poll: Agree/Disagree with the following statement...

Agen36

Feeding is the process of adding to your soil what the plant has taken out. You will only need 3 types of feeding solutions throughout your plants growth. You will need a bottle of feed where the NPK has equal or higher levels of N than P and K and you will also need a bottle that has higher levels of P than N and K. The first one is to be used during vegetative growth and the second is for flowering. You will also need a third bottle of secondary nutrients.

You should only feed your plants when they need it. The amount of feeds that you will use is relative to your growing conditions and strain. Most plants only need to be feed every fortnight at 50% or less than what it says on the label. Marijuana plants burn easily. So never mix your solution at 100%. If it says use 1 cap full of feed per 3 gallons of water, then use 1 cap full per 6 gallons of water. Sometimes you might even end up burning them using these low levels. This goes for both flowering, secondary nutrients and veg feeds. You should never have to feed cannabis plants once a day. During flowering simply switch the feeding bottle over to the one with the NPK where P has higher levels than N and K. You may want to add secondary nutrients once every 3 weeks to your grow. Epsom salts is a great way of giving your plant Mg, which is probably the most important secondary nutrient.

I ask for agree/disagree because the advice here seems to fly in the face of the complexity of nutrient discussions elsewhere. Honestly, I've seem some feeding schedules featuring a variety of nutrients that are staggering in their complexity.

I like the simplicity of this advice but would welcome your informed comments.

Well, I have to disagree with the overall statement; although, if a newbie grower were to follow that advice, it would probably keep them from making some newbie mistakes. But, they would need to become a lot more sophisticated with their grow if they wanted to produce good yields. 25% mix is a good place to START on your nutes and gradually work up from there. The hope is that at some point you learn your strain, equipment and nutes well enough that you can push thier growth by giving them an abundance of light, water and nutrients without overdoing it, which is easier said than done.

Disagree. Basic nutrient s carry very few of the overall contributions to a plant the a natural environment provides. Quality nutrient and additive regimes such as house and garden will result in much greater yeald, flyover, smell and taste, hence the general quality of bio over hydro. I grow both.

well... i agree in the sense that it is sound BASIC advice for a new grower.. a BASIC blueprint.

i disagree only in that this doesnt really apply to experienced growers.
it also does not include hydroponics and/or aeroponics, which can be utilized by a sincere and vigilant new grower.

actually i applaud this advice in that it seems directed to a new grower and has them playing it safe, so as to NOT cause any unnecessary harm to the new growers plants, in this sense i think they have done them a justice. if they do not yield what they hope for then let them research the 'art of growing'(READ READ READ!! AND LEARN!) and learn from experience also.

the great thing about forums such as these is that a new grower can cross reference advice given by posting said advice like with this thread and confirm OR deny the initial advice offered.

good luck with your growing!

peace /|\

i'd also like to add the fact that a well planned and thought out garden(=soil) should NOT NEED ANY ADDED NUTRIENTS! imo.

when i first started to grow outdoors i grew using 'bio-dynamic' methods ONLY. i NEVER needed to feed the plants(from seedling right up to harvesting) as their needs were already met by preparing the soil over a 6mnth period before planting. they never showed signs of deficiency or toxicity ever and grew EXTREMELY well- most often 1kg++ plants. let me reiterate, i NEVER used to add nutrients to these plants and they yielded WELL.

i think this should be a vital factor for any new 'soil' grower to learn.. and adopt- making their own soil mixes and composts.. and go from there

kindest regards

Back
Top Bottom