Intake - Exhaust: Balance, More Air In or More Air Out?

DexterC

Hello everyone!

So, I am trying to find answers to this for a while. If let's say you have the possibility to fully control the Air Intake-Exhaust balance in a grow space to any extent you wish. What would be best for the plant's growth? To actually have a somewhat more intake than exhaust or opposite? Would it make any difference for the plants or is it best to try to keep an even balance?

Hello everyone!

So, I am trying to find answers to this for a while. If let's say you have the possibility to fully control the Air Intake-Exhaust balance in a grow space to any extent you wish. What would be best for the plant's growth? To actually have a somewhat more intake than exhaust or opposite? Would it make any difference for the plants or is it best to try to keep an even balance?
Hey @DexterC how are you my friend.
Its dependent on a couple things. Are you going to use any co2? Whats temp and rh? What kind of light hps? Led?
If temp is ok and no co2, averaging say 55 rh then its a 50/50 split i would say.
Same in same out.
Bill

Ehm even Balance!

My Filter is the one sucking the air in to the room....and more air than your exhaust/filter can handle is no use, because the over pressure will cause blow back and it will cause your house to smell lovely...but not that lovely if you want to keep your grow hidden

Hey @DexterC how are you my friend.
Its dependent on a couple things. Are you going to use any co2? Whats temp and rh? What kind of light hps? Led?
If temp is ok and no co2, averaging say 55 rh then its a 50/50 split i would say.
Same in same out.
Bill
I am doing great, thanks for asking. Hope you do the same. I am not using CO2, just bringing air from outside. The city produces enough of it. :)) The RH is currently between 50% and 60% and temps with lights on are around 25C and lights off they go down to around 22-23C (room temperature). I am using LEDs and they are cooled by fans as well as passive cooling. I can keep my hand on them after they been running all day and nothing happens. My previous girl seems to have loved being really close to light. She got no burn and she made good bud so no complain there :))
About airflow that's how it's been so far. I was only wondering if adding extra intake will benefit somehow.

I am doing great, thanks for asking. Hope you do the same. I am not using CO2, just bringing air from outside. The city produces enough of it. :)) The RH is currently between 50% and 60% and temps with lights on are around 25C and lights off they go down to around 22-23C (room temperature). I am using LEDs and they are cooled by fans as well as passive cooling. I can keep my hand on them after they been running all day and nothing happens. My previous girl seems to have loved being really close to light. She got no burn and she made good bud so no complain there :))
About airflow that's how it's been so far. I was only wondering if adding extra intake will benefit somehow.
Your temps and rh are perfect. Make sure you have a fan with good circulation inside. Keep your air flow as is she will be happy.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom