Intake or Outtake - What's Better?

Popcorn

Just thought i would post this question.

If Someone is just starting out and can only afford 1 fan, what would you advise that person on how to keep room temps down, we all know obviously having both is much better.

PROS -

INTAKE - obviously you would have to have a hole/vent so the air could escape, but an intake would push the air around in the room and out the hole/vent but will constantly push out the air and replace it with new cooler air.

OUTTAKE-takes the heat and sucks it out the room,but less circulation of air.

:Namaste:

Intake and Outake (or Exhaust) are both functions of your venting system.
You can't have one without the other.
Regardless of what type or how many fans you use, you will always have an intake and exhaust.

I run niether..just an ac and osc fan..im near equator so heat is my concern..intake/outtake serves me nothin..

wouldnt an outtake help if you have heat problems as would draw the air out of the room for you thus reducing heat inside grow area.

Sorry guys had alot going on and forgot about this thread, yeah i was just curious to what people think i personally run both when i can but curious to see what peoples feelings about it are.

:Namaste:

I run a 1000 watter.need to keep temp at 80 during day 70 at night.an outake will expel what ac can dish out..making situation counterproductive..the positive pressure forces air under door which is enough to exchange air..i live in a place where day temp averages 90 daytime 78 at night..just letting u know u can deal without in/outtake if u run an ac..

hmm yeah i see what you mean there will have a look into that my temps arent to bad just bout 3-4 degrees to high at the min sits at about 30-32 degrees c constantly so just need to get rid of that last little bit, but an AC does seem like quite a good way of getting around it.

If i lived in upper lattitudes where temps were cooler i would prob opt for in/ outake on an alternating 15 min analog timer to do the trick..

I dont even run any exhaust through my reflector.as a matter if fact i removed the glass from reflector for two reasons the glass blocks lumens by as much as ten percent and i eliminate the magnifying glass effect(heat).i just run a osc fan between plant canopy and reflector.i been growing this way with success the past 20 years the only changes i made was switching from a magnetic to digital ballast..;)

It blocks both,anything between the source and the subject will have a negative affect.

When i can run co2 i simply run flowmeter hose pinned to back of osc fan..given the fcact my sog yields me 16oz every 30 days with or without co2,im satisfied..

I would stick the fan on the outtake in case you wanted to add a filter. if you added fan on intake and added filter on outtake the positive pressure would push smell out cracks and not just thru filter. but with fan on outtake the cracks become intakes so no smell escapes filter.

I totally agree with what oldhippie said. If you want to look at how I have mine set up, click on my grow journal in my signature block. Pics of my setup are on page 1.

Back
Top Bottom