Interrupting the dark cycle

RangerDanger said:
No, I don't have pics, but it's true.
Ask yourself this Q:
Why would I lie?
I've also seen where the tiny red light on a power strip prevented flowering.
If you understood plant biology better, you wouldn't doubt me.

i am not doubting nor questioning your advice...but to learn more myself i was wondering why moonlight still allows for budding even though it isn't complete darkness? :hmmmm:

Thx in advance (by no means am i trying to put you on the spot either)

Eyeless said:
i am not doubting nor questioning your advice...but to learn more myself i was wondering why moonlight still allows for budding even though it isn't complete darkness? :hmmmm:

Thx in advance (by no means am i trying to put you on the spot either)

Check this out. You'll have to sift through the article and apply it accordingly, but you come across some good info and it makes perfect sense, IMO:

https://www.ces.purdue.edu/extmedia...s moonlight not affect a plant's night cycle"

Thats from Purdue University Research and the Dept of Forestry and Natural Resources.

It's in pdf so unfortunately I couldn't just paste the pertinent info, but it touches on the necessary light intensity for photosynthesis, as well as what moonlight's intensity is in comparison and how this affects the photoperiod.

It also mentions how for years it has been known that a small flash of light may adversely affect the scheduled photoperiod.

You'll have to cut and past the link in the address bar

NOTE:

Definitely not an end all authority.... it actually is specific to various trees, not MJ. but in reading you can see that some info is obviously applicable here.
I think it sheds some interesting light on the subject.

:allgood:

I think the reason the moon doesnt effect it is cause its there and the plant is used to it outdoors is a lil different then indoors outdoors can be exposed to a lil more... but 3-5 mins you should be ok shouldnt turn hermi.. but keep and eye out and get red of the balls as soon as you see them if you do...

iam2pro4u said:
I think the reason the moon doesnt effect it is cause its there and the plant is used to it outdoors is a lil different then indoors outdoors can be exposed to a lil more... but 3-5 mins you should be ok shouldnt turn hermi.. but keep and eye out and get red of the balls as soon as you see them if you do...

"I think the reason the moon doesnt effect it is cause its there and the plant is used to it outdoors is a lil different then indoors outdoors can be exposed to a lil more..."

That's part of it.
Indoors the plants are used to a more complete darkness than outside.
Second, the moon isn't as bright as most people think.
Most people think the moon is a lot bigger than it actually is. To test this, next time there's a full moon, hold a dime at arm's length and you'll find it blocks the moon completely.
AND
different strains are different. Like I said before, I've seen how a tiny red light, or a porch light on for a few minutes every night can prevent budding, but I've also seen plants near street lights that were so bright you could read the date on a quarter, yet the plants budded normally.

Yea, although a full moon can hold a plant back from budding for a couple days but you probably wouldnt notice it... and ive read the best time to plant outdoors is on a waxing moon and best time to harvest is on a wanning moon..exact new moons full moons and quarter moons because of interplanetary stress but enough of me yapping on lol... like i said keep an eye out for them sacks.

iam2pro4u said:
Yea, although a full moon can hold a plant back from budding for a couple days but you probably wouldnt notice it... and ive read the best time to plant outdoors is on a waxing moon and best time to harvest is on a wanning moon..exact new moons full moons and quarter moons because of interplanetary stress but enough of me yapping on lol... like i said keep an eye out for them sacks.

interplanetary stress? Where can I find that info? this stuff never gets old.

iv had cuttings for about 2 weeks but iv had to move so my little beautys have no lights only what day light gives them and theres no chance of putting lighits where im livin what can i do????????? im crying here the only thing iv done is putting them under a flro 2ft long is this any good.....

Yea i know you harvest when the trichomes are 3/4 amber but through research its been known to harvest it on a wanning moon.. its alotta to explain just go to the link i posted and scroll down to moon cycles its explained there...

where are you living? what season is it and how many hours of sunlight do they get? how many watts is the flouro.?

I had plants that were 4 weeks along into budding and a single exposure of 2 minutes of light during the dark cycle re-set the flowering cycle to day 1.
Day 1? Never heard if that. From time to time everyone messes up somehow, someway and they screw up their light/dark cycle. I learned early to get back on the original schedule ASAP. Never had a problem.

My lights or one of them came on about a hour into dark I heard the fan start up or would bin longer I turned it straight off it was cause I accidentally pushed one of the little sections on timer this was 3 days ago not noticed nothing there nearly ready week 10

Back
Top Bottom