Introducing

Fenderbender

Hello Everyone!
Abiding forum etiquette I'll introduce myself
Fenderbender age 36 from Belgium.
On my first indoor/hydro grow in a square meter tent as I'd like to supply myself.
This of course got me searching the web for info and this forum seems filled with info.
And it's so much fun taking care of the plant and watch it grow.. I've grown before but never in such controlled environment.

In general I love music, i'm a multi-instrumentalist and I love cooking food and to turn on and tune in..
I've dropped out quite some time ago :) haven't turned on my television in 6 years, and can't take it anymore.. either makes me think I'm insane.. or I'm living on an insane planet..

cheers!

Re: Introducing..

Hello Fender,
Its not you, our world is crazy and has been for some time now. On what sane planet would someone say, I will not smoke marijuana because it will make me feel good and help with my aches, pains or anxiety when I could take these man made drugs from a Pharma Company that is only profit driven, and it has anal leakage as a side effect.

Cheers!

Thanks guys!
Haha I hear y'all
I still have a tv-set, a huge bulky one.. it's hooked up to a dvd player and a small collection of dvd's i like from the time that was in.. so I guess I keep it around for that although it doesn't see any use really... last time I used it was I was two years ago to show Koyaanisqatsi to some musicians in their mid-twenty's who all went.. woooow :)

I don't know it feels like some achievement to be unplugged from Television as I grew up in front of it.. I could speak English before my first year of school thanks to that thing.. and also that we are a country who used to NOT overdub and use subtitles. Changed though.
Something just snapped that day and I turned the set off and unplugged the cable.. went together with a detachment from news papers and magazines as well, maybe a general disinterest in popular culture and such.. how empty can the package be?
I bought a telescope and turned to stars instead.. and some acid and turned to the inner space as well :p
and now I'm on a heavy dosage of practicing drum rudiments for a couple of hours a day..
It's an endless journey in a short time frame.

First Aquafarm Hydro Grow

And why I'm here

Already loving reading some articles on here.. plant science.. want to know more! :D

It was actually aquaponics that got me interested in trying hydro in the 1st place. I watched a video of a guy raising fish and growing all in one system. Had both food and fish available to eat from it. I would think that would be a fantastic system to be running once I retire. I am hoping by the end of the year I will be starting my 1st hydro grow just to get a feel for it. Thought about jumping in with both feet but if I am going to fail I prefer it to be on a smaller scale till I get it dialed in. Will most likely start out with a single set up like Rifleman but on a much smaller scale, then go from there. I have been incredibly impressed with his skills.
I totally agree that you should start a journal, please do, since you are what I am shooting for as a final goal.

Well I started that thread, don't know if it's really a journal, it's not like I'm keeping everything logged and planned to a T, I try to adhere to the Canna grow schedule, and well I just got all the stuff together and jumped in.
I'm doing hydro but not that aquafarm style Oldgrower is talking about with the fish :p pretty cool though I've seen those too.. I'm talking ye old 70's GHE aquafarm :)

I've just looked at Rifleman's auto-grow.. well wow :) that's what I'm shooting for :D, a four plant setup would be nice.
I'm now trying with two in one farm.. not ideal even if it's the big model.. If I can finish these, I'm gonna try to grow one big plant, well one that would my space to the max.. i've seen these documented with this system (although I think they mod them for dwc) probably takes a longer grow and support wires.. lots of care in achieving such a plant me thinks.. and if it fails well that's a lost time.. that's why a multipot system seems attractive.. I want to get to a point where I can utilise my growspace and get me good yields with 1 to 4 plants and probably not the case for my first year, but I'd also like to get to a point where I can run the room twice a year, instead like some who have it in use all the time. Maybe no grow in the coldest part of the year.. and well during the summertime i'd like to be not bound to things.. so a harvest before high summer and one before winter would be cool.

And I need to learn to read the leaves!

I hope these help.

pH_chart71.jpeg
cannabis_leaf-deficiencies312.jpeg
image332561.jpg
image33258-1.jpg
image332571.jpg
image332591.jpg
image332601.jpg

ah very nice..
the second picture I already came across.. but well yeah, kinda difficult.. as plants have their own colors and shades, lots of phases look alike.. I think it takes a good learning curve in recognising and treat or correct right and read their response..
I do have some yellow tips and some spots here and there, maybe because of overfeeding... I'm trying to keep my EC levels on the low side of what the schedule prescribes..

The last pics are very helpful and horror :)
and the first one is interesting.. so I take it if the plant has a mg deficiency it would be foolish to try and correct that with a nutrient solution at 5,5pH as she won't really be good at using the mg at that pH.

Hi Veinz
aye Belgium, depends where you are from, if you are used to sun and warm temps Belgiums be a can let down, it's grey and lots of concrete and sour people :p If you like beer it's heaven :D but I have cut alcohol out of my diet.. I use it for cooking and sometimes here and there but I don't share local drinking traditions.
If you American, well I guess a lot of you regard Belgium as some kind of medieval attraction, maybe most of Europe even :D a friend of mine literally has been asked at what time does the park close from tourists... he was just walking around in his city Ghent.. which is a very nice place though.
hmm I'm still dreaming of some land out of this country.. off-the grid-ish, bit more sunny, not too warm though..
I've dreamt about moving to States a lot, never materialised even one of the greatest loves of my life was with a Louisiana women : ) but it's a bit too hot and moist there... and well that ended.. all those old blues songs make a lot more sense to me now : )

Oh the thread I linked to in post number 5 is Journal-ish

The smiley emoticon on this site is too creepy..

Back
Top Bottom