Invisible strings in soil

umontrey

So i mixed and cooked my own organic soil mix in a beer cooler I had outside for about 50 days. It contains half aged cow manure and equal parts peat, vermiculite, and perlite as well as garden tone, blood meal, bone meal, worm castings, crushed oyster shell, and dolomite. After cooking I had to add a little peat to drop the pH a couple tenths of a point from 6.9, but I have 1300 ppm so I'm pretty confident about my medium, except for one thing....

There are seemingly invisible threads in the soil, such that when I pick up a chunk and sift it between my fingers I can see the cohesive property of the soil pulling the bits of soil with it, but I can not see anything in the soil. Is this the beneficial mycohorizae fungus that would help my plants or perhaps something I should be concerned about? No bad smells or visible pests so I think I'm gtg. Anyone else experience this phenomena?

Sent from my LGLS676 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Just took a peak in on the ladies to see how they were situating into their new pots and the familiar smell of mycelium was prevalent. I think I got my answer! I just hope the fungi is actually beneficial and not parasitic to my ladies.

Back
Top Bottom