Ipower 600w ballast situation, has anyone encountered this before?

Tricknology

Ok, this is weird and i would not post in growers lounge but I truly dont know where else to post something like this as this is a very unique problem or at least I think it is. I have an Ipower 600w ballast no more than 2 months old. But since the beginning I noticed that sometimes the light wouldnt come on until I opened the side of the tent which is completely mind boggling cause how could the light know the tent is open. At first maybe i though it had something to do with the ventilation but the ventilation is on a different timer and it comes on earlier than the light. At first this wasnt an issue as my lights were turning on at 9am and I was usually up by 930 to open the side of the tent anyway. But now that timer set to come on at 6am and like today I woke up at 915 to see that my light still hadnt turned on yet. And probably wouldnt have turned on unless I opened the ten. Again I dont understand this because how does the light know the tent is being opened specially when the ventilation comes on ahead of time. Any info would helpful please. I grow in a 4x4 tent and the ballast is a Ipower 600w and ipower hortilife super hps bulb. Has anyone ever heard of something like this?

Hmmm, I've never heard of something like this.. Only things that come to my mind is maybe the bulb isn't screwed completely in, Have you double checked that you don't have a couple "15 minutes black buttons" pushed down in between your grow time? You could also have a defective piece of equipment, but I've never used the iPower, hope you figure out your issue buddy! :peace: CA215

thanks CA, the thing is, lets say the bulb wasnt screwed in completely, what is it about opening up the tent that turns the bulb on? lol I know its mind boggling. I think it could be a piece of equip as well. But I just cant troubleshoot because it turns out within 2 mins of the tent being opened, the ballast and bulb are not older than two months I might mention. Also A friend of mine has an ipower to witch he never had this prob? if its a piece of equip, what could react to the tent being opened or so? thanks any way for your suggestions

I was thinking outside the box a bit, and what I was thinking maybe the moving of the tent while unzipping could rock your grow light and bulb and in turn flick it on once it made a good connection. It took me a couple days to get all my lights set up right, keep an eye on them once you make a change and make sure you see that change, i would definitely give your timer a look over to make sure. I had a couple pushed in that I didnt know about for about a week, turns out my lights were shutting off for 30 minutes during lights on. (Which will be detrimental further down the grow) Will produce un-wanted issues.

Reasoning behind watching for that change and making sure it happens is checking off defective products and what not. Plus you get that much more experience, for your first grow there is a total learning curve but once you get past a couple months you will smooth sailing! Goodluck with your grow Tricknology! :peace: CA

cool, this is by far not my first grow but my first time ever with this unique kinda problem. It would be so much easier if the tent opening up wasnt a factor. NExt time it happens ima give a lil shake to the tent instead of opening it to see if that works if it does, your on to something and I will come back let you know as save someone else the research of this is happening or will happen to someone else.

I have an iPower, and never had a problem. That is some strange shit you're experiencing there. CA215 makes sense. Your walking to the tent may cause enough vibration to wiggle the loose light into its connection - or your plug is loose at the outlet and the vibrations are doing the same thing to it.

That is weird... M.O.E (mysteries of electronics) I'm a recording engineer and weird shit like this happens all the time in the studio. Shit does'nt work but AS SOON as I call the tech, it mysteriously starts working again or it was definitely not working last night but in the am, it miraculously works again...

I would check your warranty and try to exchange it. Ballasts either work or don't and I'm sure they very much know what these ballasts were intended for and maybe cool enough to replace a potentially faulty one...

Good luck..

Back
Top Bottom