Leaving tent open

onestickz

Sup 420

Just wanted some input on this just to see how some growers grow and the end result.
Even though the weather is starting to break and temps are a little lower, I still have heat issues with keeping my tent close. When tent is close, temps can reach 93°- 95°f. When the tent is open, temps are around 84°- 88°f. Now I have a 5×5 tent with a 400watt hps and a 300watt ipower led, inline fan to expell the heat and a 20" box fan to circulate air movement. Now I know by leaving the tent open you loose a significant amount of light, but I'm thinking that with the 2 lights I can make up for lost light.
My question is, has your girls lost, gain, or remained the same when leaving tent open. All comments and Answers are welcome. Thanks.

14757542783021545494122.jpg

Fan is 210 cfm 2680 rpm. It's strong enough to suck walls in when tent is fully sealed. As far as a light leaks, I close the tent before I go to bed and open it in the morning when the light comes on and temps start to rise.

the air will always be fresh with good extraction.

I agree. I live alone and stealth is not a concern - leaving it open saves electricity by not having to use an extraction fan as well as making it easier to maintain the correct temperature in the grow area.

Thanks. Yah I know what u mean with temps going up and the fan is still on. That happens because the air just heats up if there's no way of expelling it. That's why I open the side flaps to help with that.

Back
Top Bottom