Iron and soil Acidifier

nadvida2007

Is it good to keep on using "Green Light - Iron and Soil Acidifier" to lower the ph of the soil? I know the Ph is slowly decreasing to the value that I want it at, but will too much Iron, Sulfur, and Zinc be damaging to the plant?

Iron, and sulfur are immobile and Zinc is mobile. Immobile meaning they stop where they land, and Mobile meaning it can move around the plant to where it is needed. Pretty general, but you get the point.

Zinc is the most commonly found deficient micronutrient. and Yes all three can be harmful when overdosed, just like any other "feed".

nadvida2007 said:
Is it good to keep on using "Green Light - Iron and Soil Acidifier" to lower the ph of the soil? I know the Ph is slowly decreasing to the value that I want it at, but will too much Iron, Sulfur, and Zinc be damaging to the plant?
First off, I've never heard of anyone needing to use something like this for extended periods. How are you measureing the PH of your soil? What are the readings? Akorn is right too much of those elements will hurt your plant. Too much of anything will hurt your plant to be truhful. lol

I don't think digital meters read soil PH correctly. I may be wrong too though. When I needed to check the PH of soil where I planned to put a garden I used a inexpensive soil PH kit from home depot. You use a actual pinch of soil and clean water and add drops of a actifier of some sort if I remember right. I think the whole kit which tested for PH and N P & K seperately cost a total of $5.00.

Back
Top Bottom