Is 2x600w on light rails enough to cover tent 240x240 cm?

women growes

Hey guys
This is my first post on the forum.
I've been for quite a few years into growing my own buds recently decided to go bit more professional.
I'm planning to setup 240x240 cm grow room with two 600 w hps on the light rails moving opposite direction.
Do you guys reckon it would cover such a space? I'm not really well orientated if it comes to lumens etc when using rails.
Does any of you comrades get more experience and/or knowledge about those things?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Have a great day everyone.
WG

You would be underpowered if you wanted to utilize the whole space...if so I'd say you would need "at least" 4 600W HPS...given the rule of thumb 50 watts per sq.ft....ideally you would want 3200 watts...comes down to how many plants you intend for your space...cheerz...h00k...

Hey dr.h00k thank you for your input. I want to use the whole room, thinking about 40 plants.
But as I mentioned I will use rails which supposedly improve possible area of lightning.
Thanks guys!
GW

Hey dr.h00k thank you for your input. I want to use the whole room, thinking about 40 plants.
But as I mentioned I will use rails which supposedly improve possible area of lightning.
Thanks guys!
GW

Still...even with a light mover...I believe you would be underpowered...even if you had two and put a light on each...wouldn't cover your sq. feet efficiently...not sure of the cost of rail systems where you are...but might be worth looking at more stationary lighting...or...say you go with your original plan but supplement with some LED's...some good deals out there in the jungle site.com...cheerz...h00k...

Back
Top Bottom