Is anyone out there afflicted with Alopecia Universalis

keninpain

I have alopecia universalis and I am having a hard time dealing with this disease. I cant get it through peoples heads that I am not dying and I don't have cancer even though it looks as if I do. I can't get a job because i look the way I do. I get stared at all the time when I go out, kids are scared of me when they see me because I freak them out. It would be great to talk to someone who may be going through the same thing I am. Just maybe it would help me with my anxiety and depression to know how others cope with it. If anybody is out there I would love to chat to you about it.:peacetwo:

Does Cannabis help your condition?

If so, how about we move this to the Medical Marijuana Lounge for further discussion?

Mostly people playing in this forum, doubt you will get much response brother.

Does Cannabis help your condition?

If so, how about we move this to the Medical Marijuana Lounge for further discussion?

Mostly people playing in this forum, doubt you will get much response brother.

It would if I could get it. It's cause is anxiety and depression or pain three of which I have a lot of. If you think it's worth moving it would be nice just to talk.

Sounds like you need a strong Indica to relieve the pain and to ease the anxiety and depression caused from thinking too much about it. Indica slows the communication between the brain and the pain area, therefore effectively easing the pain. It also slows the thinking process, puts you in more of a sedated mood, relaxes the thought process so you can stop all that "what if" thinking, causing the issues at hand.

If you use a Sativa based strain however, it will enhance the communication between your brain and your pain areas, making it worse and will enhance the thinking process as well, possibly causing even more anxiety and depression.

Hope this helps and you find a nice strong Indica based strain soon.

Others please chime in and help brother Ken with some more feedback and friendship.

To keninpain: If I saw you I wouldn't stare since I have clients with the condition. How long have you had it?

I have had it for 7 years now. It all started after 1 of three knee surgeries, and a ripped bicep. I used to do martial arts and kick boxing and destroyed my body. After removing all my maniscus form both knees I really started hurting. All of a sudden all my hair fell out. I had 2 more knee jobs after that, which left me bone on bone in both knees. I started stressing because I lost my job after my first surgery. I am a union drywall finisher for a living, I get hired from out of a hall. I get sent to the job and as soon as one of the company owners see's me I get layed off, even if there is work. I have asked a friend why and he told me it is because I look like I might be sick to them. all it is is that I am hairless. This disorder has ruined my life, I can't get work, My wife want's to leave me. And all my neighbors call me the free loader living off my wife.

Ken, how's it going? I stumbled on this thread when I was searching for info about whether Rick Simpson oil might help with alopecia. I've started developing it (alopecia) bad in the last 6 months and I know how difficult it is. I have high hopes that a good topical RSO might help, as alopecia is an auto immune disorder.

Hey Seinfeld hows it going? I hate to hear you are getting alopecia it's not a fun phsyc trip to ride. What is this RSO topical you talk about. It would be nice to find something to work. I will try to look it up, is it on the sight?

I have alopecia universalis and I am having a hard time dealing with this disease. I cant get it through peoples heads that I am not dying and I don't have cancer even though it looks as if I do. I can't get a job because i look the way I do. I get stared at all the time when I go out, kids are scared of me when they see me because I freak them out. It would be great to talk to someone who may be going through the same thing I am. Just maybe it would help me with my anxiety and depression to know how others cope with it. If anybody is out there I would love to chat to you about it.:peacetwo:
I wish you well with it. I have it too but only eyebrows, scalp and body.. still a few eyelashes left. I tattooed the eyebrows back and the eyelash area as well. I hate wigs but EVERYONE is telling me i need to accept it and get a wig. Try a support group, even limited participation online helps. I got lucky and got this condition AFTER I signed a unionized contract so they can't fire me, no matter how scary I look. I'm really sorry you have to go thru this, sweet human. I hope you find someone who loves you as you are, fingers crossed

Back
Top Bottom