Is filtered R/O water you buy for 33 cents a gallon safe for watering?

fireboytommy7

Whats the ppm on these waters? does anyone know? i know it goes thru a filter of 20 microns, then reverse osmosis, then carbon, then uv. so im thinkin it'll be pretty good right? my tap water here is really bad. i awnt to flush with some good water.

I wouldn't do it, unless you want a bunch of crap. It's fine to use. it's water.:slide:

I use store bought RO/distilled water and have seen improvement since switching over from tap water. You can use tap water during veg and you may get Mg lockout from the excess calcium but it won't do too much damage until flowering. You just want to let it sit out for at least 24 hrs and stir it now and then to let all the chlorine evaporate out. Once you get into flowering, using tap water is gonna do some damage unless it's very soft water. One option is to use nutes made for tap water, I believe Advanced Nutrients has a set of gro-micro-bloom for hard water but the RO water is probably the way to go.

No, I actually use that water from the stores. My ppm meter said it has only about 9 ppm, so thats very pure. My old tap water was 430, so defnitely this is a plus. Here are my plants now.

gfd28.jpg

I have heard one probably should supplement RO water with cal mag due to the lack of mineral in Ro . I was going to switch to spring water to see how that would work, but where i live the tap water is even pretty good, from the mountains.

oh well thats a good point. I think the best way is to ask your water company for a TDS analysis report. It should really accurately tell you what pH and all the salts in the water. Usually tap has a high amont of calcium but not much magnesium. I would rather go with RO water and then add Mag Amp or something. Probably better. Tap water magnesium all trashy anyway.

Back
Top Bottom