Is flowering time for a strain or plant the same for outdoor as indoor?

jokerlola

I was given some Harlequin strain plants that were grown from clones. They have been grown outside. They are supposed to be 2 to 1 CBD. The flowering time for this strain is supposed to be 8 weeks. When I first got them on July 27th, they looked like they had started to flower already so I guessed they started to flower about a week earlier. If they did start to flower in the week of July 19th, then they could be ready to chop soon.

Is flowering time the same for outdoor plants and indoor plants? Could this plant have started flowering as early as KJuly 19th? I'm posting a picture I took when I got them on July 27th. The clones came from a LED light company that has videos of grows under their lights and in the videos they have for Harlequin they harvested them after 73 days of flower and I'm guessing that the plants I have are from either the same mother or seeds as the plants in their videos.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    950.5 KB · Views: 78
Is flowering time the same for outdoor plants and indoor plants?

No. Indoor flowering time estimates are based on the assumption that the gardener switches abruptly from a lighting schedule of many hours of light / few hours of darkness per day (most commonly, but not necessarily 18:6) to a lighting schedule of 12 hours of light / 12 hours of darkness per day (unless otherwise noted).

Unless you can correctly mimic the above outside, do not expect the same flowering period length. Outdoors, it's a much more gradual change. And, also, that change does not stop at the "12 hours of darkness per day" point.

If you live at the equator, though, you'll see 12:12 all year long - plants will begin flowering as soon as they are sexually mature (and the actual flowering times will be more in line with indoor flowering times - although there's no guarantee these things will match the breeder's/seller's estimate).

It had white hairs. I'll watch the trichs
No. Indoor flowering time estimates are based on the assumption that the gardener switches abruptly from a lighting schedule of many hours of light / few hours of darkness per day (most commonly, but not necessarily 18:6) to a lighting schedule of 12 hours of light / 12 hours of darkness per day (unless otherwise noted).

Unless you can correctly mimic the above outside, do not expect the same flowering period length. Outdoors, it's a much more gradual change. And, also, that change does not stop at the "12 hours of darkness per day" point.

If you live at the equator, though, you'll see 12:12 all year long - plants will begin flowering as soon as they are sexually mature (and the actual flowering times will be more in line with indoor flowering times - although there's no guarantee these things will match the breeder's/seller's estimate).

Ok. So for outdoors you really just have to watch the hairs and the trichomes then? That is what I have done for my few grows. This is my 4th grow, all outdoors and I have always watched the trichomes. 2 of the strains I’m growing say they should be ready by mid October for outdoor. I don’t know what it says for Harlequin but it is definitely further along than the other 2 strains.

Attachments

• 94F66BE0-97F3-4344-BA5D-0D8B62535C59.jpeg
    94F66BE0-97F3-4344-BA5D-0D8B62535C59.jpeg
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 74
Back
Top Bottom