Is my setup good enough for growing 3 plants?

Invader78

420 Member
First time grower here. I made this modest setup 14 days ago and im wondering is it good enough for growing 3 plants. Do i need more space or more lighting? I will include pictures of my plants which are 14 days old now. Are my plants underdeveloped because to me they are looking good?

Attachments

• IMG_20190308_204103.jpg
    IMG_20190308_204103.jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20190308_204048.jpg
    IMG_20190308_204048.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20190308_204505.jpg
    IMG_20190308_204505.jpg
    531.7 KB · Views: 28
You can definitely get a harvest off of 3plants in there. Like blew mentioned, better lights = better harvests. But many of us started under cfls! Sweet Sue being one of them, you may be able to find her first couple journals to read through and learn from ... definitely get those cups taped or transplanted as he mentioned as well. They look good from what I can see!

What is your plan with/for them? Are they under 18/6 lighting?

:welcome: To :420::passitleft:

You can definitely get a harvest off of 3plants in there. Like blew mentioned, better lights = better harvests. But many of us started under cfls! Sweet Sue being one of them, you may be able to find her first couple journals to read through and learn from ... definitely get those cups taped or transplanted as he mentioned as well. They look good from what I can see!

What is your plan with/for them? Are they under 18/6 lighting?

:welcome: To :420::passitleft:
Well i dont have a timer so i just turn them on and of myself but most of the time they were on 18/24 light cycle except for the first week. In the first week they were on 24 hour of light. Im aiming for an ounce at least

And guys i forgot its getting sunny so im thinking about puting them next to my window for about like 6 hours a day and then putting them in the closet for another 12 hours with the lights on. Will there be any benefits?

Ok so... not sure where to start.... maybe you could elaborate on your plans for me a bit?

Are you putting them outside?

Planning to invest any money in more grow gear?

Measurements on your current setup? How much space do you actually have?

What breeder/strain are you growing?

The more information you can provided us with the better answer we can give you!

:passitleft:

Ok so... not sure where to start.... maybe you could elaborate on your plans for me a bit?

Are you putting them outside?

Planning to invest any money in more grow gear?

Measurements on your current setup? How much space do you actually have?

What breeder/strain are you growing?

The more information you can provided us with the better answer we can give you!

:passitleft:
Not outside but i plan on putting them next to my window where the sun will shine on them for like 6 hours and then putting them back in the closet with the cfls. My closet is small. One more week and i think the plants will be touching each other or the walls of the closet. About the plants i dont know type they are. I got them from a friend who happened to get seeds mixed with the weed that he got. I dont want to spends money on grow lights. Maximum i could do is get more bulbs so there are 3 for each plant

Not outside but i plan on putting them next to my window where the sun will shine on them for like 6 hours and then putting them back in the closet with the cfls. My closet is small. One more week and i think the plants will be touching each other or the walls of the closet. About the plants i dont know type they are. I got them from a friend who happened to get seeds mixed with the weed that he got. I dont want to spends money on grow lights. Maximum i could do is get more bulbs so there are 3 for each plant

Ok, I’m just going to tell you what I would do if I was in your position.

Growing bag seeds means you don’t know if the seeds are regulars (male/female) or feminized(likely hermies, but that’s an entirely different rabbit hole to discuss).

Being that your closet is small(height roughly?), I would not be putting plants in the window sill. They will grow enough under the cfls to give you a hard time if you have height restrictions.

You should spend a little money on atleast
  • a small clip fan to give airflow and help the plants breathe.
  • thermometer/hygrometer so you know what the environment the plants are living in
  • a timer - so you can control the hours of daylight for them (most likely photoperiod plants, not autoflowers)

These will all help you get your closet into prime conditions and getting you close to the ounce you’re hoping for.

I would get all those, figure out what environment your plants are growing in, put them in different pots as suggested above and get the fan moving air around in the closet to help the breathe, don’t put it direct on your plants this will cause wind damage.

If I was in your shoes, I’d be setting the timer to 12hrs on/12hrs off as soon as possible. This will help you do 2 things.
1- keep your plants in your grow space and not in the lights. When plants begin to produce flowers they go through a period known as “the stretch” some double or triple in size, some barely grow at all, but you won’t know till you switch the timer.
2. Since you don’t know what you’re growing, you could end up with male or female plants. Switching the timer will help you to determine which you’ve got, we want females, they produce the buds you’re after. Males get culled as soon as they’re found.

So, that’s what I would do. Happy to help if you need clarifying.

Oh, one more thing , pay attention to the bulbs you’re buying. For flowering you need the ones around 2700-3000k.... higher ranges 4000-5000k are better for vegetative growth

Back
Top Bottom