Is Plant Too Thick?

XDEADTOYOUX

Hi, I'm completely new to this, and this is my fist post, so please be kind. I have a VERY small closet grow. It's more of just a hobby then anything else. I have gown several strains from several different seed banks, as well as a few unknown genetics given to me by friends. I've only been doing this for about a year now. I tend to like Indicas better than Sativas, and have grown more Indicas than anything else. I recently bought a feminized seed pack of Spoetnik#1 from Paradise. I have a few questions about the plant I've grown from one of the seeds. Its about a foot tall, and so thick that you cant see through the foliage. As I've stated, I've grown several Indicas such as Blue Chocolate, Sour Kush, Nightqueen, Twilight, Darkstar, and Kosher Kush. So far none of the plants I've grown have been anywhere close to as thickly leaved as this plant. The leaves are so cramped for space that they grow into themselves and get twisted and deformed. Like I said, I've only been growing for about a year, so although I have gown several plants from several strains, I don't know enough to know if this plant is normal or not. I guess these are my questions. Is this plant normal or not? If it's not normal is it worth keeping? If it's not normal and worth keeping, should I clone it before flowering it, or should I keep as mother plant and flower only clones I pull from it? If I keep and flower it, do I need to do anything special, such as thinning the foliage in order to get light to the flowers? For reference I've included some pictures. I took a couple from top, from under, closeup from side, far from side, a couple of me holding some of the leaves up, and one next to a Blue Chocolate female for reference. I really greatly appreciate any help I can get. Thanks a bunch.....

Thanks for the reply Ricorico. So Is this a common thickness of foliage for plants, or did I get a weird phenotype? I'm afraid to flower it if I might not get another plant as thick again. If I do flower it should I thin the leaves a bit to get light to the flowers, or do I just flower it as is? To answer your question, yes I have another closet that is much larger that I use to flower. The closet is lightproof and 8 feet tall by 3 feet deep by 4 feet wide. Thank you...

Paradise seeds is a great seed company with kick-ass genetics.

I think it's just a sign of a good strain, healthy root-system and they obviously love what you are feeding them.

I wouldn't worry about putting them into flower, but taking a few clones is never a bad idea if you have the space.

It's a good idea, if you want to preserve the genetics and compare it with the other seeds from the pack

Back
Top Bottom