Is the law more likely to be suspect depending on the brand of rolling papers?

USMuscle9403

I was just thinking about this, and preferably I'd like to know from someone that knows for a FACT. I'd ask my friend that's a cop but I can't get a hold of him...

Rolling papers are totally legal, right? I mean they sell them at pretty much anywhere that sells tobacco products. But I was just wondering if the law is more likely to search (or search further) if an off brand of rolling papers is found? Zig Zags, Tops, Bugler, Job, Joker, etc., those are all pretty much meant to be for cigarette smokers. But I'm finishing this last box of Skunk brand (some of the best rolling papers available, try some!) and I have a pack of 'em at all times. Seems like the law would pay more attention to a brand of rolling papers that are SKUNK brand? Or maybe say another rolling paper brand that seems like it's meant for stoners; Chills, Bob Marley, Jamaican Hemp, basically any hemp paper, etc.

Anyone know the gist? Does the law suspect more out of someone that has a 'stoner' rolling paper?

Tell ya what..... I was going through a police roadblock on the way to the Harley Rendezvous in upstate NY. I was riding shotgun in the supply van as I had a badly busted ankle. A cop steps up to the van and looks in the window, he exclaims "Easy Wider rolling papers!" I said "No way", to which he replies "then I guess you don't mind if I look then right?" There were no papers or anything else in that van for that matter.....but it didn't stop him from having a free looksy anyway.

Why did you let him? All you had to do was say "I do not consent to a search. Am I under arrest, or am I free to go?" That's all you have to say. He would of said you are free to go.

So many people condemn themselves when they do not have to because they do not know their rights.

In any case, no, finding someone with a brand of rolling papers that seems more angled at marijuana smokers is not legal grounds for suspicion. Saying "I saw rolling papers for cigarettes, but they were made of hemp, so I just assumed this person smokes marijuana." is not probable cause.

I got in touch with him, and he says that no he's not more suspicious because he doesn't know the difference anyway. He pretty much ignores personal amounts of weed and paraphernalia, anyhow.

BUT, he said that alot of cops do get suspicious of younger people buying rolling papers and especially blunt wraps and single cigars. He said that is also grounds for probable cause, although it doesn't frequently happen some asshole cops will search you if they see buy rolling papers or blunt wraps and you look like a stereotypical weed smoker.

Rolling papers are technically illegal in the United States, they are considered drug pariphinellia, even if you have rolling tobacco with them. They are simply tolerated in the US, which is why you can get them in gas stations and such.

A cop probably won't arrest you for just papers, but technically it could be probable cause to search you car. It's kind of a grey area.

This is according to a criminal justice professor at my school, two police officers and a criminal justice major.

Whoever said rolling papers are illegal was not telling the truth. They are not "tollerated", they are legal. But okay.

SkinnyMike said:
Rolling papers are technically illegal in the United States, they are considered drug pariphinellia, even if you have rolling tobacco with them. They are simply tolerated in the US, which is why you can get them in gas stations and such.

:laughtwo: :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

How is something technically illegal? It's either illegal or not. Show me a link where any law states says they are. Papers, come on now.........

Papers are not probable cause. You simply tell them no to a search if you have nothing else to hide. Don't let law enforcement bait you into something inwich you have done nothing wrong besides own legal rolling papers.

You have rights in this country. Learn to excercise them.

yo 4duece zero, dont put anything in a nick or dime bag.. wanna know why, They can and will get you for intent to sell counterfit shit, I've had friends that got caught like that. just because it looks like they have weed, that can get you in some serious trouble.. and thats no joke!

I worked at a head shop and this guy that worked there to, would use pipes with his tobacco outside on the sidewalk. He would keep his loose tobacco in the bag it came in. I dont know if they ever said anything to him. It was interesting tho....

i know this guy who was charged with paraphenalia poss for papers, cause they found pot. they can do that just like they can charge you with poss if there is resin in a bowl. only pos cops do it, but most of them are

Yea, I cant stand those dick head cops... I work at UPS just out side the Philadelphia Airport... now I smoke cigars now and then after work. well this morning just about 12:15 I didn't have to work so I was on my way home when a cop stopped me and was like What are you smoking weed??? I blew the cigar smoke in his face and said Nope its a cigar do I look that stupid to blaze in PHILADELPHIA. COME ON... what a moron!

Yea, I cant stand those dick head cops... I work at UPS just out side the Philadelphia Airport... now I smoke cigars now and then after work. well this morning just about 12:15 I didn't have to work so I was on my way home when a cop stopped me and was like What are you smoking weed??? I blew the cigar smoke in his face and said Nope its a cigar do I look that stupid to blaze in PHILADELPHIA. COME ON... what a moron!

Back
Top Bottom