Wandering Tweed, The Beginning of the Only Traveling Rolling Paper Salesmen

smokeTWEED

How it all started...

Well, it started when I realized that after being kicked out of high school at the age of 14, spending the next 5 years in 2 rehabs, 1 wilderness program, a bootcamp for 23 months and 2 years of homelessness and beatnik hitchhiking, that the ONLY way for me to earn an income as an adult was performing and keeping people entertained with all my many stories of chaos.

That led to showbusiness. I started promoting concerts, producing festivals, acting in plays, and booking tours for bands and comedians. That led to Woody. Woody had just graduated college and been invited to start a music division for the illustrious ########## Talent Agency. A big job that he could not do on his own. He took a bus up to New York where we were introduced. He told me about his offer, I was very intrigued and so we started working together.

We took it up a notch, bookings, shows, ideas, proposals, phone calls, sales pitches. Things were going great but something was missing, neither of us were happy. Wanderers by nature stuck in a world of business and hollywood infidelity, we weren't sure what our next move was, but we knew starting a music division didn't sit right in the pit of our souls. Alongside showbiz we have dabbled in just about every business known to mankind, from eBay to the mysterious underworld of the black market (of course that was years ago).

Then one day my brother Keith, among the most fashionable in manhattan, comes home from his art college, SVA, with an idea for an advertising campaign for a medicinal marijuana dispensary (way to keep incognito Keith). The campaign was among one of the many projects his demanding art professors assigned as homework, and like always, he poured his heart and soul into every stroke of the graphic design.

Finally, after having tried to outclass the five boroughs with his immaculate attire and casual perspective on life for so many years, he arrived at the ONLY brand that could persuade any hippie to chuck their bandana and put on a suit...

He arrived at Tweed.

The store was Tweed. The grinders were Tweed. The merchandise was Tweed. Lastly, the custom-designed rolling papers were Tweed. It did not take long before we realized he had something special, every person that came over raved about how amazing the concept was. NICE! But what do we do with it? We were left with a logo.

One year later after many more Woody and Greg endeavors of success and failure, I began showing the Tweed logo to a friend of mine during a business meeting.

He says to me... "you know, i don't know about a dispensary, but if you wanna talk to someone about rolling papers, i know ######## #########. She's a good friend of mine. Maybe I could put you in contact with her? she's the CEO of ########### Rolling Papers." says my friend.

"hmm... well, what's her email?"

Fast forward one month... Woody, Keith and myself have now sunk every dollar to our names into launching a brand of Tweed rolling papers. Currently there are 35,000 Tweed booklets on a cargo ship sailing across the Pacific to arrive in San Diego.

What next? Well... we sell them! how? Our original plan was to travel to music festivals all over the country selling them one by one out of our backpack while simultaneously filming a movie about it. Now that's only one of our many strategic plans. wink wink.

To get the ball rolling, I just spent 6 weeks wandering the country with a video camera hyping the Tweed brand to everyone I came in contact with, filming everything that happened (keep posted for footage), indulging in as much candy from strangers as I could find and never looking either way before crossing the street. If only you could see the look on people's faces when I tell them I am a traveling rolling paper salesman!

Now we are 3 weeks away from our launch with a few tricks up our sleeve.

--Greg

Tweed
Smoke Tweed | Facebook

Back
Top Bottom