Is This A Big Enough Area? If So How Many Plants Can I Fit?

skatterbrayne - At what point would you start pruning lateral growth?
We try to cut or prune a plant only when neccessary. The reason is that when you cut a part off the plant, the energy in the plant goes to trying to heal itself and NOT keep growing or flowering as quickly. We suggest that if you are going to cut, try and do it as soon as possible so that your plant can concentrate totally on flowering.:cheesygrinsmiley:

We also grow in limited space just like GreenThumbsUp, our yield is anywhere from 1-2oz per plant most times, sometimes more.:smokin3:

tronix - try and monitor your plants vegetative cycle so that you don't have to top your main colas before they are ready to harvest. If you top out your plants you could be asking for trouble. By forcing the plant to "split" where you cut, you may inhibit and outgrow the stability of the stem and it could fall over because it gets "top" heavy.:hmmmm:

:smokin:

Alaska Lady said:
We try to cut or prune a plant only when neccessary. The reason is that when you cut a part off the plant, the energy in the plant goes to trying to heal itself and NOT keep growing or flowering as quickly. We suggest that if you are going to cut, try and do it as soon as possible so that your plant can concentrate totally on flowering.:cheesygrinsmiley:

We also grow in limited space just like GreenThumbsUp, our yield is anywhere from 1-2oz per plant most times, sometimes more.:smokin3:

tronix - try and monitor your plants vegetative cycle so that you don't have to top your main colas before they are ready to harvest. If you top out your plants you could be asking for trouble. By forcing the plant to "split" where you cut, you may inhibit and outgrow the stability of the stem and it could fall over because it gets "top" heavy.:hmmmm:

:smokin:

Honestly, after I found they were both males, I went to pull the rockwool cubes the plants were growing in out of the vermiculite, and I couldn't. There was such a large , thick mat or roots underneath, my plants could have been 4 times their size and not fell over, mind you there was no bud on the plant and that comprises alot of weight, but I had to cut the plants off at the base of the stalk, and then work the cubes loose enough to get them out and then it all came out as one big "clump" of vermiculite, roots and rockwool. The stalks were almost 2" thick and when I built my room, I thought ahead of time, and put hooks all the way up both sides of the room, and used cieling grid hanger wire (very strong holds 600lbs each) and made some moveable supports to reinforce my babies. I only have room for two plants, I want as much bud as I can get, if I have to help them out standing, I'm cool with that.
But thanks for the info, because not everyone considers that when starting a grow.

showimage.php

check out the wire extending across the room in this pic, maybe it'll make more sense

Peace,

Vintner and Alaska Lady... Understood..I'll remember to keep the pruning to an as needed mininimum. For my six hydro plants,(I have a limited veg space as well, 2x4x4. And although my flowering room is an adequate 4x4x10, I plan to keep em short, flowering at about 12", to deal with 3ft plants at most, and possibly try SOG or SCROG with the identified clones. Im gonna read some more journals and post pics as soon as I read up on how to do that.lol....

Thanks for the wisdom

Peace

tronix - thats awesome that you had the foresight for those type of problems. It also depends on the type of container or grow medium used. Most people dont. Some just think that bigger is better and then have problems keeping their plants from falling over or outgrowing their grow space. But, it only takes once and then hopefully you learn from those mistakes. LOL :smokin:

skatterbrayne - Keep on the reading! I feel that one can NOT be too educated.:allgood:

:nomo:

Back
Top Bottom