Is this a deficiency?

Monty Verde

Hello guys, and girls!
Im new here at this forum so maybe I have posted at the wrong place.(?)

My friend has 3 plants and they do not look all healthy.
Its 2 White widow and 1 GSC

Soil has NPK 14-7-15 and pH 5.5-6.5

I Water with water that is pH 7
Run-off is pH 6.6
Nutrition comes from GOLD LABEL a packade with SOIL A, SOIL B, ROOTS, MG, and PK and is used as recomended by the schedule.

They are 3.5 weeks in to flower.

Lights are LED that draws 660 W from the socket (right Word?)
Measured it with meter.

He have two problems with the environment that He knows about.

One is that there’s a little to much heat. 28-30 celcius

2. A little to moisty 55-65 rh

Otherwise it seems good(?)

Can someone please help what the problem can be. Been searching the net after these symptoms but could not find anything.

Attachments

• AC3A225B-0C0B-4BED-9DAC-D4325AE3078D.png
    AC3A225B-0C0B-4BED-9DAC-D4325AE3078D.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • CB2F5092-D5BC-478B-898D-EF77483B6BF8.png
    CB2F5092-D5BC-478B-898D-EF77483B6BF8.png
    1,019.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 5CC5004A-E76C-440C-BB9A-A42B93B8FB94.png
    5CC5004A-E76C-440C-BB9A-A42B93B8FB94.png
    484.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 2315AE3D-BCD2-4CED-9315-4E9F2E10EED0.png
    2315AE3D-BCD2-4CED-9315-4E9F2E10EED0.png
    904.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 12D11A2B-BD56-48E7-A1B8-02E9A06F8DEF.png
    12D11A2B-BD56-48E7-A1B8-02E9A06F8DEF.png
    474.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 0DE93CB6-66D4-4EAF-BBEE-ECE7C6BB3DEA.png
    0DE93CB6-66D4-4EAF-BBEE-ECE7C6BB3DEA.png
    1 MB · Views: 101
Hello guys, and girls!
Im new here at this forum so maybe I have posted at the wrong place.(?)

My friend has 3 plants and they do not look all healthy.
Its 2 White widow and 1 GSC

Soil has NPK 14-7-15 and pH 5.5-6.5

I Water with water that is pH 7
Run-off is pH 6.6
Nutrition comes from GOLD LABEL a packade with SOIL A, SOIL B, ROOTS, MG, and PK and is used as recomended by the schedule.

They are 3.5 weeks in to flower.

Lights are LED that draws 660 W from the socket (right Word?)
Measured it with meter.

He have two problems with the environment that He knows about.

One is that there’s a little to much heat. 28-30 celcius

2. A little to moisty 55-65 rh

Otherwise it seems good(?)

Can someone please help what the problem can be. Been searching the net after these symptoms but could not find anything.

OK...I see a few issues going on with your plants. The first picture shows two issues. The bottom leaves are "mottled" and the top leaves have "intravenal chlorosis" (yellowing between the veins of the leaves while the veins stay green).

There's not much you can do about the mottling of the leaves. It's either a genetic mutation that, many times, they grow out of, or, possible Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV). The intravenal chlorisis looks like an magnesium (possibly iron) deficiency (BUT, don't add iron or magnesium, yet...keep reading! ;) ).

The 3rd or 4th picture that shows the brown spots on the leaves, is likely the beginning of a Calcium deficiency.

BOTH the mag and calcium deficiencies are most likely due to your soil PH being out of range. You listed 5.5-6.5 as the PH. 6.5 is spot-on for soil and 5.5 is WAY too low and will cause deficiencies. This chart will help:

Nutrient_Chart1.gif

So, the first thing you need to do is get the PH in that 6.3-6.8 range and, most likely, the deficiencies will sort themselves out.

If you're using R/O water, then you should also be adding a Cal-Mag supplement (which also has iron!) since the R/O process will strip those minerals out, but even with plenty of calcium and magnesium present, if the PH is too low/high, the plant will not be able to uptake them.

I hope that helps!

:Namaste:

K

Thanx!
Well the company that sells the soil has listed pH 5.5-6.5 on the product. Then I water with the water from the dehumidfyer that is pH 7. ( So I guess you are right about the calcium. )

The run-off is pH 6.6..

I also add Mg from Gold Label in a higher dos than recomended because I thought it was Magnisium defiency.

Im a bit confused about how to make proper run-off Reading. Been looking at some guides and did what they Said but it feels like the water passthru the soil to Quick to be accurate. I water really slow but still.,

Maybe its the Ph that is wrong after all.

Hmm.. if the run-off is 6.6 and the water is 7 then the real pH is somewhere in between I guess. That means that mg and Fe isn’t avalible. If I read that pic right.

Now Its starts to clear. ☺️
I lower the Ph next time.

Thanx Mr.Krip

TMV is what first popped into my mind as well, comnbined with some fairly minor deficiencies. Mr K covered that very well.

Your water ph may be 7 (neutral, as pure water should be), but it will have basically zero effect on the ph in the pot.
The effect of the ph of any given solution rises in direct proportion to the strength of that solution. So a strong (high Ppm) solution is capable of drastically shifting the ph. But a weak solution has a weak effect. The ppm of your water is probably zero or close to it. Make sense? (I’m trying to avoid writing a minor essay to explain what I mean lol).

That humidity level should be totally fine IMO. Temps are a little high. I’d google TMV, that could be a real problem.

Calcium equal immobile magnesium equal mobile.. mag bottom works up, mobile.. calcium stàrts top comes down, immobile... should help... That's not best chart that one, little to final in availability... This shows better... pH nutruent availability chart for soil... There's a better one but I can't find it..

images.jpg

I have now read a little about TMV. It seems to be contagious. but it's only the 2 white widow who has had this problem with its discolored leaves. did not mention in the original post that there is also a couple of more plants in the room that does not have this problem, or any problem at all. Accept for yellowing bortom leaves. Wich I believe is N deficiency. But I do not understand why that accour when I use Gold Label soil A + soil B shouldn’t this be enough?

And for what you Said weaselcracker Im sorry to say that I did not get it
Why doesn’t pH in the water effekt the medium? And do you think I should use Tapwater instead?
The first reason that I started using the water from the dehumidfier was that I read it in a forum that its good clean water.
And the second reason is that I allways have water in the room where the plants are. Otherwise I have to carry a lot, and I have a sick body. But if tapwater is a better choise I have no problem fixing this issue.

Ive been Reading quit much but its still so many things to learn and understand. And Im not an englishspeaking Guy either and there is no information to read in my language so it takes some time to read (and write:))
This is the first grow. Well actully I did try once before but the result from that is best left in memories of how to not do a LOT of shit

And for what Grizzwald Said I did’nt understand anythingSorry for being a noob.
I do understand the chart tho (i think) but didnt get what you meant without the text.

Is it that if for example that if calcium is ’missing’ it effects other nutrients?

Sorry for bad english

Sorry... Yellowing at the bottom of the plant and yellowing working its way up the plant, that's a magnesium deficiency.. magnesium is a mobile nutrient, it will be pulled up to the top of the plant, leaving the bottom yellow.... When the plant yellows at top and yellowing comes down the plant, that's a calcium deficiency.

Ah allright! Thanx. :))
As I mention before, I add a good dose of Mg and been doing so for some time, - so it then have to be to alkalide pH then?

At watering today I lowered the pH to 6.5 and gonna stay there and see whats happenes.
Or should I do something else?

I haven’t had any personal experience with TMV. I know that a grower here called PotChimp sees signs of it occasionally in some of his strains. Yeah apparently it’s very contagious- but in his case it doesn’t seem to have been a big problem so far- though he has been pretty careful about quarantining the problem plants.
Worth watching your problem to see if it spreads. The mottling effect in the photos you posted looks like TMV, from what I’ve read of it. I can’t think of any other reason they’d look like that. (Doesn’t mean there isn’t another explanation- I just don’t know of one)

As for what I said about ph... hmmmm.. I’m sort of busy at the moment, can’t think of a way to explain quickly, and I’m not sure it even matters all that much when I think about it.

Your distilled water should be fine. But it may be worth testing the ph of your tap water, and if possible the ppm. You may be able to access public info about your tap water which will tell you what’s in it. It’s possible it would work better than distilled water if you are trying to shift the ph and supply calcium.

I think @Mr. Krip may be able to give you better specific advice here.

Back
Top Bottom