Is this a Good or Bad Spider?

jimdaworm

This plant has Spider mites :(

I am just wondering if this spider is also bad or not, It was quite hard to take the photo so I took 2.

spidi_good_or_bad3.JPG

spidi_good_or_bad1.JPG

Looks like a carnivore.

Kind of small, though. You suppose it eats mites? Doesn't seem to be starving.

This plant has Spider mites :(

I am just wondering if this spider is also bad or not, It was quite hard to take the photo so I took 2.

spidi_good_or_bad3.JPG

spidi_good_or_bad1.JPG

that is crazy cuz i found the same xact spider on my plant but did not think about it b n a good spider i just bagged it! the crazy thing was earlier i had found a sm spider on same plant n put it n a lil baggie (broke coup legs on accident but when i put that weird spider n he went st8 down snatched the lil 1 brought it to top of bag n its mouth n spit it out and killed it, i was pretty high but it was kinda crazy i figured it was gonna eat it but when it spit it out i was like wtf y did it do that n e ways he started make n lil webs n baggie 4 bout 3 days n then shriveled up n died!! :laughtwo::lot-o-toke:

Yeah those are common garden spiders and are beneficial to our plants. Those particular little guys are heavy feeding vampires! Flies, gnats, mites, larvae of anything are on the little fellas menu. They dont really make webs to catch other bugs. They're more of a hunter. They move very fast up and down a plant, stalking victims and jumping on them to kill them. They're very territorial too which is why they will kill other spiders.

EDIT: BTW they are not poisonous and pose no threat to humans

Right on Bandit420. Put a spider on each of your plants to keep them clean. The upside is that they do not use webs to hunt.

Hi Everyone! :cool:

Firstly thanks for all your replies and sorry for taking so long to respond! I really appreciate all your feedback.

I can confirm a couple of things, the spider does seem to be FAST moving and I don't see any webs on the plant. Its still there, I saw it again just before when I was trying to manually kill off some of the spider mites.

I am just going to see how long the plant can hang in there for if it survives another 4 weeks I might harvest it. Meanwhile I don't think the spider can be doing a lot of harm, I think I saw another one (Unless it was the same one) on my other plant, my other plant appears to be clean (no mites) and I haven't seen the spider recently on it.

Anyway enough ramblings in another month or so I will post some harvest pics of my 2 little plants.

Back
Top Bottom