Is this a hermaphrodite?

F46531C4

I think I already know the answer to this but I thought I'd ask the pros. I'm not surprised, I pulled every first timer mistake. I'm assuming it will be really seedy? but otherwise smokable?

This the 5th week of flower. DP Blueberry fem.

IMG_009120.JPG

IMG_008915.JPG

IMG_008815.JPG

IMG_008719.JPG

i see some swollen calax for the most part.. however.. third to last picture.. right above the lowest in focus fan leaf... what is that? it looks like a little yellow nanner. but, its not in focus enough to see if it really is..

double check that part, also double check those big ass calax's rip one or two open as see if there is seeds in them.

its hard for me to see hemies in pictures, i typically have to be able to touch the plant and confirm.

other than that, looks

If you see this then you got a hermie!
001882.JPG

So if I see the banana's, should I remove them, or is it already too late? What about the pods in my 3rd and 4th pics? Should I pull those off? I opened one up - it had something hard in it but I couldn't really tell if it was a seed or not - I want to say it was too large for a seed, but that's because it hasnt matured yet?

Now that I think about it, I was moving the plants several weeks ago and I brushed one up against the side of my cab and I noticed a lot of "dust" - I figured at the time it was just crap from my humidifier (that white residue it leaves on everything), but now I'm wondering if it was pollen...

Aside from having seeds, will it be smokable?

yeah should be fine to smoke afaik. Most mid around here has tons of seeds, but still does the job, albiet with more work getting seeds out, and it's usually bricked too which is a PIA to chop up. Some of the mid I've had has been better in SOME ways than some of the medical stuff I've gotten. NOT as potent so I need 2-3x as much(I'm no pro smoker tho), but alot of the medical stuff I've gotten lately has been harsh and given me headaches, so I'm guessing they dried too fast and didn't flush enough and no cure. Anyway, I think you'll be ok to smoke it.

I'm in a similar but more leaky boat as I never noticed the banannas and now I've got seeds :(. Having a pity party for myself right now in fact. After kids are settled for the day, I think I need to medicate to relieve some stress lol.

I definitely found bananas. I pulled the ones out I could find with tweezers. 2/3 plants had them, though all look like they got seeded. Oddly, the healthiest of them was the one with the most banans.

Yes sir. It is a hermaphrodite. Pulling the nanners out can save the rest of the bud from being pollinated. Suggest trashing all clones of this plant if you have them. When picking the nanners bring it outside so any stray pollen that is released does not affect the remaining pure female plants.

If your hairs turn brown 9 times out of 10 you got pollinated. keep an eye out naners like to show up around the bottom of the plant and move up. This what Ive noticed.I wouldnt say trash the plant clone and all tho. You could of did some thing to make her turn. My favorite is light stress. It will turn her quik. If that happens just remember that ones sesitive to light. It does'nt take much 1 candle light from what I hear.What I mean is that plant has a hermy trait in her very sensitive be exstra carefull whit that one strain if its any good.If not trash it.

Back
Top Bottom