Is this nutrient burn?

It is so tempting, it's hard to resist. Especially when you get that first wiff in the morning, I just want to grab a bud and take a bite out of it. They smell delicious to me. Sometimes I get a break in winter and get laid of a few weeks, I can partake for a couple days then but for 97% of the time, I have to resist. My state is going to be legal shortly though, hopefully the feds will follow cause ultimately a CDL falls under federal guidelines.

Lol I know exactly what you mean by wanting to bite it. Some times I even get an urge to lick them 😂

While I can resist biting I can’t resist giving it a good squeeze from time to time

The only time I’ve ever experienced a true “one hitter quitter” was when I was on leave and would smoke. While I enjoy smoking daily, I don’t get high like I do when I’m clean.

I get peoples arguments about not wanting the feds involved in cannabis, but it’s a necessary evil. It’s ridiculous that you can’t smoke weed as a truck driver. I understand not wanting you stoned on the road but who cares what you do in your off time if it’s not effecting your performance.

The CBD I make is enjoyed by me and my 2 dogs also, forgot that.

I used CBD for my older dog the last 6 months of his life. He was doing the stuff where his gas was becoming unbearable and would get up and wander the house at night. The CBD seemed to help ease both his belly and bones. I feel so much better giving CBD than Tylenol or other pharmaceuticals

Being “too hot” isn’t something I’ve ever run into (with soil). Usually what happens when this occurs is the soil hasn’t been hydrated well enough, or, something happened during the process that has left the bag unbalanced. These are individual issues that don’t affect the entire lot.

I also have plenty of Ocean Forest on hand and there is nothing in the bag that would be “too hot”. ....
Most likely a "too hot" soil is the fault of the builder or the grower. They take a perfectly good mellowed out soil and decide that 'more is better' so they add some extra 'stuff' to it because it sounds good.

A new grower reads a msg or watches a video showing fantastic seedlings and remembers hearing 'nitrogen' being good for fast green growth. They buy a bag of the soil mentioned in the msg or the video. Since they want the same results as what they had seen they decide to add a bit extra Nitrogen and then some extra for good luck. Making it even more of an upcoming problem is that they chose a source where the Nitrogen was already water soluble. No need to wait for the micro-organisms to digest and exude the N. The plant roots end up have to take in excess water-soluble N as they take in water.

The original soil was good for seedlings until they messed with it and then it became hot.

Now I am starting to wonder if the growers who are asking why their seeds do not sprout or why their 'wet paper towel' sprouted seeds never broke surface might have doctored their seedling mix and not realized that the something extra was causing the problem so they never mention it.

Most likely a "too hot" soil is the fault of the builder or the grower. They take a perfectly good mellowed out soil and decide that 'more is better' so they add some extra 'stuff' to it because it sounds good.

A new grower reads a msg or watches a video showing fantastic seedlings and remembers hearing 'nitrogen' being good for fast green growth. They buy a bag of the soil mentioned in the msg or the video. Since they want the same results as what they had seen they decide to add a bit extra Nitrogen and then some extra for good luck. Making it even more of an upcoming problem is that they chose a source where the Nitrogen was already water soluble. No need to wait for the micro-organisms to digest and exude the N. The plant roots end up have to take in excess water-soluble N as they take in water.

The original soil was good for seedlings until they messed with it and then it became hot.

I agree completely with this.

I re read the exchange and I can see why @kevboe11 felt he was getting dogpiled. Multiple people said something, then I went and did my autistic information dump crap where I write 10 paragraphs with quotes and examples trying to be helpful but it came off accusatory.

I was truly trying to be helpful because what @SmokingWings said is what happens here constantly. We have so many growers come here telling us that their soil is too hot or that they experienced some sort of issue or problem and they’re positive it’s the soil. 99% of the time it’s some mistake they made, and a lot of times they don’t even realize they made it.

Now I am starting to wonder if the growers who are asking why their seeds do not sprout or why their 'wet paper towel' sprouted seeds never broke surface might have doctored their seedling mix and not realized that the something extra was causing the problem so they never mention it.

There is a high probability this is right. I’ve always been intrigued by struggling with germination. It’s just not something I’ve ever had a problem with. I’ve sprouted seeds that were years old, and stored haphazardly with no issue many times.

Oftentimes the “more is better” synthetic mindset leads to the unbalanced medium which is just too much for a tiny seed with no established rhizosphere to handle. It’s very easy to “forget” or not even think that the extra (insert any product here) added to the mix is causing problems. Heck, I lose track of the actual plants that are growing in my room some times, if I wasn’t so methodical about my mixes I could easily forget I’ve added something to them.

Wow this thread went off topic. I have zero issues with germination. I just did a round and got 21 for 21 out of the ground. I rarely ever loose any. What I do run into is crappy genetics on a few here and there. They grow all stupid and grimy and I get rid of them. But I usually wait at least 2-3 weeks to see if the problem rectifies itself, usually not. I always use Coc Choir for seedlings and then transplant after 2 weeks already into a mix and never have a problem. Doesn't even stunt them if you are extremely careful and use small containers to begin with so the roots fill it up pretty good. I just transplanted these 3 days ago, they aren't even 3 weeks old yet.

17082252306027297324065017721740.jpg

Wow this thread went off topic. I have zero issues with germination. I just did a round and got 21 for 21 out of the ground. I rarely ever loose any. What I do run into is crappy genetics on a few here and there. They grow all stupid and grimy and I get rid of them. But I usually wait at least 2-3 weeks to see if the problem rectifies itself, usually not. I always use Coc Choir for seedlings and then transplant after 2 weeks already into a mix and never have a problem. Doesn't even stunt them if you are extremely careful and use small containers to begin with so the roots fill it up pretty good. I just transplanted these 3 days ago, they aren't even 3 weeks old yet.

17082252306027297324065017721740.jpg

If it’s related to growing we’ll probably talk about it or get to it eventually on most threads. Just how the conversation flows around here.

I agree that if you do it right you don’t shock or stunt your plants. I transplant my seedlings and top them in the morning and by the afternoon they’re back to growing.

If it’s related to growing we’ll probably talk about it or get to it eventually on most threads. Just how the conversation flows around here.
Kind of like any other gathering of people who have a common interest. Kind of like a bunch of fishermen around the picnic table by the shore of the lake. They start off talking about the fishing and before long it is wine, women and song.:).

I used CBD for my older dog the last 6 months of his life. He was doing the stuff where his gas was becoming unbearable and would get up and wander the house at night. The CBD seemed to help ease both his belly and bones. I feel so much better giving CBD than Tylenol or other pharmaceuticals
I agree totally, I feel so much better mentally and physically taking CBD and giving it to my dogs. My older pitty seems to benefit a lot from it. She gets around much better and is much more playful now. She was having joint issues before and in pain. Now all she gets is CBD, cut all the other meds out and it worked . I stand by it. But like I said I make my own. That store bought stuff is way too much $ for too little product. Shit don't even work in such little doses. Just a waste of $ IME.

Lol I know exactly what you mean by wanting to bite it. Some times I even get an urge to lick them 😂

While I can resist biting I can’t resist giving it a good squeeze from time to time

The only time I’ve ever experienced a true “one hitter quitter” was when I was on leave and would smoke. While I enjoy smoking daily, I don’t get high like I do when I’m clean.

I get peoples arguments about not wanting the feds involved in cannabis, but it’s a necessary evil. It’s ridiculous that you can’t smoke weed as a truck driver. I understand not wanting you stoned on the road but who cares what you do in your off time if it’s not effecting your performance.
Ya it would be nice if policy could catch up to the times. Just recently a local employer, the biggest one in the broad area here, just stopped testing for THC, and I'm still in an illegal state. So that's good news. Hopefully more follow suit, but Im not counting on anything that has to do with the government actually doing something.

Is this a nutrient burn or deficiency? Or even a root problem? Thanks

20240214_115257.jpg

20240214_115252.jpg
K,,,,,I have the same issue. Soil media. FF nutrients. Plus CalMag. I'm a couple of weeks till harvest, spots have shown on my plants a couple of weeks ago. No sign of an infestation of mites. Attached are pics of a couple of leaves. Nutes are 6-7 ph. Entire plant not showing this issue, just random leaves.

IMG_3203.JPG

IMG_3204.JPG

IMG_3205.JPG

IMG_3206.JPG

K,,,,,I have the same issue. Soil media. FF nutrients. Plus CalMag. I'm a couple of weeks till harvest, spots have shown on my plants a couple of weeks ago. No sign of an infestation of mites. Attached are pics of a couple of leaves. Nutes are 6-7 ph. Entire plant not showing this issue, just random leaves.
The fox farms schedules call for periodic flushes, have you done this? Also, 6 - 7 is a huge range on the pH scale, for soil you want to try to get it as near to 6.3 as possible, and a well built soil will be buffered to bring it back up to roughly 7 so your plant gets to pluck the nutrients it needs at each different range along the way.

Back
Top Bottom