Is this ready?

Newbie207

420 Member
1st time doing this. Is this ready? Blueberry muffin, not sure exactly how long its been flowering, maybe 6-7 weeks? A lot of the lower shade leaves have yellowed and or fallen off. Not sure to let it continue or pull it?

20220915_171637.jpg

20220915_171633.jpg

Keep feeding—she looks hungry. That plant has 4-5 weeks to go. ALL those white pistils will turn color and die back. The buds will swell twice what they are now.

Nice purple genetics—People should take note of the GREEN healthy leaves. Folks that have their leaves turning all different colors in late flower sometimes think their doing something right. They’re doing it wrong. Dark red or purple leaves indicate a phosphorus deficiency. True colorful genetics come out in the flower as in the @Newbie207 example Posted above.

Thanks for the tip. I dont have magnification yet, but wondered if you could tell from the pistils as well. The rest of the plant doesn't look great, yellow leaves and shade leaves dying?

But the flowers still look ok, I went wrong ong the way with nutes, soil, water etc. Limping her across the finish line.

Keep feeding—she looks hungry. That plant has 4-5 weeks to go. ALL those white pistils will turn color and die back. The buds will swell twice what they are now.

Nice purple genetics—People should take note of the GREEN healthy leaves. Folks that have their leaves turning all different colors in late flower sometimes think their doing something right. They’re doing it wrong. Dark red or purple leaves indicate a phosphorus deficiency. True colorful genetics come out in the flower as in the @Newbie207 example Posted above.
I guess that means I’m phosphorus deficient :(

Hi from one newbie to another.
She’s not ready. How long I’m unsure.
All pistils are still white.
You’ll want to leave her awhile until those white hairs begin to turn dark and crinkle in and then begin to inspect the trichomes on the calyxes with a magnifying loupe 😁
But she sure is pretty so don’t rush her
Can't wait to see her suger coated coloas soon

1st time doing this. Is this ready?
Great looking photos and the purple flowers show up nicely.

By the looks of it you are growing outside. Most likely the first pistils started to show around the 10th to 15th of August so about 5 weeks, maybe 5.5 weeks, of flowering. Outside grown plants seem to go through the flowering phase slower than plants that are grown indoors under lights. I go along with @zigzagman1960 that another 4 to 5 more weeks to go. The fun part will be the last two weeks will be when the buds start to swell up and look like they are doubling in size.

In the outdoors this time of year we are loosing about 12-15 minutes of sunlight every week as the the days shorten. In the next 10 days we will loose over 20 minutes of sunlight. On some days when there is cloud cover the plant might not get enough light for photosynthesis and the plants just coasts along till the next time it is a sunny day. Totally unlike when the plants are grown inside under lights where a timer turns them on and off at full strength, or the strength the grower chooses, for approx 12 hours out of every 24 hour cycle.

A lot of the lower shade leaves have yellowed and or fallen off.
Keep this in mind for next year. The soil is unable to keep up with the demands of the plant. Next season you could consider giving the plants a higher dosage of fertilizers as they get larger. You could try it now but it might not make a noticeable difference but if all it does is slow down how fast the leaves turn yellow that is helpful. The plants need all the green leaves they can have for the photosynthesis to take place. The more photosynthesis the stronger the plant.

Yes, outdoor plants. I suspect you are correct on the flowering start date.

First timer, so my soil make up was by the seat of my pants, before I found the awesome information in these forums. I have been feeding the plants in hopes to slow the yellowing. At first i over watered, got that corrected and now they appear to be needing water more often so Ive increased aling with feeding. The lower 1/3 of the plant is pretty sad looking, but the flowers look good for now. Hoping to bring it to the finish line.
I have two other strains which appear to be behind this one, some of those plants have issues, some not as much.

I had no idea how much "skill/knowledge" it takes to have success with these.

Thanks to everyone for the pointers...

Back
Top Bottom