It's always that time of year

Thattimeof

Ive been reading,
well about alot of things really,
dealing with growing this plant
This is the earliest pic I have I had to get another phone so lost everything on there before this.
20150722_100844.jpg

This is start of week 3 flower for the tallest it's a sour blueberry I ordered off of herbies seeds.
There wasn't too bad of service got here pretty quick had some free reg afghan seeds and a free fem NL/BB seed.

Although 1 of my orders got took by customs:
(they offered to send again or refund but if they sent again and it happened again my loss I took the refund lol). They all germinated really fast like over night maybe 16 hrs on a plate on top of a cable box with water napkin and a bowl on top.

The one on the left was an attempt at an main-line with a little bit of a twist.
(but i had to throw her in the ac tent because it was just too hot) so i didnt quite get to finish it this one is on week 2 of flower and the one on the right is also on week 2 of flower it's a NL/BB hybrid took well to lst actually all of them did

This was the first sour blueberry I put into flower this is week 3 for it
20150806_113325.jpg
20150805_214525-1.jpg

"I hate these pics are sideways with the led"

But things were goin good,
they had been in 3.5 gal buckets for veg and I had just put her into a five gallon bucket
I had been giving nutes of botanicare "kind" base and grow from seedlings at recommended strengths on the bottle all through veg with the transition phase and all with little to no problems. Ph was between 5.5 and 6.5 (I only had the solution stuff)

When i did have problems it was due to extreme heat in my area and thats why a week later i added the other sour along with the northern lights/big bud into the tent

(Ohhh ok thats right
lol these 2 vegged for 6 weeks and the tallest one vegged for four weeks.
It was taller because it had more time in the stretch and stretch it did from from 15 at the flip too 34in tall really fast )

But I'm growing in a tent in my attic and it's exactly 20 degrees higher than the outdoor temps.
(thats 1 reason why I'm using led lights btw it a mars hydro 300 watt it's the all white 1 idk if it's a knock off or a first gen thing or idk it was free lol)

I have an ac unit that goes directly into the tent. So my temps range around 90-100 on those extremely hot days
(120+ at x's in my attic so yes I'll take it) to lows of 70-80 those are the extreme days but usually it's high 80-85 and lows 65-70 it just varies like that in my attic so not much I can do but they were healthy and doing well.

Then week four of flower started for this 1 bad
20150804_112630.jpg
20150804_115200.jpg
20150804_115144.jpg
I thought I had 1 more day of water left in the bucket and when I came home to a empty bucket this is what I saw

The other 2 were just fine though appears in my rush to get things done that day due to having people over I didn't top off all 3 only 2 buckets got it lol
So after noticing what I had done I trimmed off all of the dead stuff.
(My thinking was that it was dead and wasn't or couldn't make a comeback) and tried to leave as much green as possible.

This plant was really really nute burned but it had some smaller lower stems that weren't as bad
(my guess is because most of the nutes were being taken by the main tops and shoots and by the time it got water again the mains were takin most of it all again so it didn't really affect them).
I guess that says something about nutrient uptake or something I'm using dwc
but idk I'm a newbie hopefully some one with more experience chimes in hint hint....... lol.

So this was the badly burned one after the trimming
20150824_133624-1.jpg
I decided to just give it plain tap water mines is 7.0 ph and I get it down to 6 but all the others have been doin well they have continued to receive botonicare "kind"
Base, bloom, and sweet at bottle recommended levels which all leads to where I am now day 42 and 35 of flower.

Day 42 for the burnt blueberry as I've taken to calling her lol
20150823_170843.jpg

Again this happened around day 28 of flower.
It had plain water for about a week until I noticed it slowed down on the crispness
I then gave it a very weak feeding
(well from what it's used too lol)
at about 600 ppm around about day 35.
I hadn't noticed any new growth or that she had got any fatter just less and less of the nute burn symptoms
It started getting that sour fruity smell back instead of the wet dying sweet hay smell that was around.

But if you notice around the bottom right and all along the bottoms those are doing fine minus a pretty burned leaf here and there but they are what would've been considered popcorn or larf or whatever.

I figured I'd just let them go and see what happens.
I've actually harvested a few of stems just to experiment with how to dry and areas in my home that I could do it in.
I think I have a spot that stays between 75-65 with Humidity no higher than 55 that I've seen anyway
it's in a closet but I wave the door open shut multiple times a day
and it's been taking about 5 days so far anyway with the smaller ones.
The smokes harsh and it doesn't really smell like much but the fresh smell but when you break a little bud of it open after its dry you smell it then lol
(I'm assuming because it's atleast 3 weeks away from harvest along with not being flushed and cured of course)
but it definitely does what it's supposed to do lol as far as the other sour blueberry well
20150823_171114-1.jpg

I think she's doing ok same base bloom sweet and idk if i need too but I have been giving weakest doses of cal mag too but ppms come out to 1200 yesterday (day37)
And today we're holding steady at 1200 still so all well with her and for the NL/BB also on day 37 of flower but had the same treatment as every 1 else and holding just a little under 1200 ppms is doin ok as well
20150824_131932-1.jpg
20150824_131805-1.jpg
20150824_131655-1.jpg

So that leads me up too where I am to now. There's a 250 watt cfl inside the flower tent as well but I'm In the process of setting up up a veg tent that I'm gonna put that in once I get it up and going.
I got some purple kush fem seeds from crop king seeds coming :) so there will be more of these to come well hope to hear comments expectations questions it don't matter hell the weather in your area lol thanks and hopes to hear from ya

Took some clones around week 3 or 4 of flower not really sure though but they are beginning to show roots well 1 root anyway lol
20150830_123455.jpg
20150830_123627.jpg
20150829_165704.jpg
also accidentally broke 1 of my tops off sucks because it's on the good sour/bb and that 1 is only on week 6 and has atleast 3-4 more to go but oh well i guess I get to try it lol

You are doing a fine job, they look very nice. I almost ordered blueberry from herbie's but elected on Candy Kush. Keep us informed with your cloning. Sounds interesting. I would like to try some cloning with my Auto Fem Candy Kush if it can be done.

Hello again been crazy around here with the heat and all but got the burnt blueberry harvested it didn't yield much ( a little over a 1/2 ounce) been curing for a week well tomorrow it will be it went 63 days .
Also just got done doing the other sour bb a lot better yield lol (since it didn't stop growing after the 3rd week of flowers lol)
This was the attempt at the mainline with a little variation and ended up with 12 tops 5 of the main tops on there weighed over 40 grams wet the others were around 30-35 grams again wet.

I'm wondering if this closet setup would work to dry

That fan oscillates and doesn't blow directly on them currently the temp is 73 with 44 % humidity
20150913_193211-1-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom