It's Official: The Media is in Love With Marijuana Legalization w/video

Weedpipe

420 Member
It all started last winter when, after decades of spoon-feeding the American public an infinite litany of anti-pot propaganda pieces, the press rather spontaneously discovered that it's better for business to talk about legalization instead. In an industry that was virtually devoid of voices for reform just a couple years ago, one can now scarcely find a prominent political pundit with anything nice to say about our marijuana laws.

This segment from This Week with George Stephanopoulos might be the best example yet.

George Will: Legalizing marijuana will destroy the drug cartels.
John Podesta: It'll be legal once everyone figures out it can pay for health care.
Laura Ingram: Cancer patients, botox, whatever. Gimme some brownies!
Al Hunt: Now that my kids are all grown-up, I suppose I'm cool with it.
Cynthia Tucker: Really, we need to rethink all our drug laws, not just marijuana.

That's about as solid a bipartisan consensus as you'll ever see on a Sunday talk show, and you've gotta wonder how much longer the war on marijuana can survive in a political climate like this.

News Hawk- Weedpipe 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: StoptheDrugWar.org
Contact: Raising awareness of the consequences of drug prohibition | Stop the Drug War (DRCNet)
Copyright: StoptheDrugWar.org
Website:It's Official: The Media is in Love With Marijuana Legalization | Stop the Drug War (DRCNet)

I never thought I would see this in my lifetime. kind of exciting to watch this play out even though we have a long way to go.

I like how the term, "The People," gets thrown around a LOT. "The People are starting to favor legalization," "The People wouldn't have gone for legalization 15 years ago."

The thing is, "The People" never really wanted it illegal to start with! We have The Government and a number of Big Money Interests to thank for that. We have a 50-year long Propaganda Campaign conducted by The Government and Big Money Interests to thank for that.

It's interesting to see how The Government is going to weasel out of their part in the whole thing, and attribute it all to the fickle will of "The People."

Yeah, well I call Bullshit!

Hey Dude,
Spark one up and mellow out.

The fact of the matter is that there are some real big problems in North America right now that we really shouldn't care who takes credit as long as it gets done.

Lets just get this thing done with so that we can start really speaking out about the criminal way that we are being screwed in other areas and not have to worry about some pot affiliation tainting your credibility or having the swat team bust down your door saying they are looking for pot when really they are just looking to shut you up.:peace:

Its about time! Times are changing.

I'm working on enlisting my family and friends for the cause. Many are not registered voters. I hope to convince those who haven't yet joined the cause now is the time to use their voices.

Weed is here to stay! :Rasta:

Hey Dude,
Spark one up and mellow out.

The fact of the matter is that there are some real big problems in North America right now that we really shouldn't care who takes credit as long as it gets done.

Lets just get this thing done with so that we can start really speaking out about the criminal way that we are being screwed in other areas and not have to worry about some pot affiliation tainting your credibility or having the swat team bust down your door saying they are looking for pot when really they are just looking to shut you up.:peace:

Don't get me wrong - I'm thrilled to see this happening, and I am not concerned with who gets the credit.

But, what about the Millions of Americans who went to Prison or received Felony Convictions because The Government sold them (and the rest of US) down the river? If The Government isn't held accountable, then those people have no recourse, nor even vindication.

You are absolutely correct - We have many, many serious problems in North America, but a fair few of them stem from the same kind of Governmental chicanery. If We don't hold The Governments feet to the fire, they will continue to sell US to the highest bidder.

So, no, I don't care who gets the credit, but I'll be damned if I'll just roll over and let The People falsely take the blame.

"THE TIMES ARE A CHANGIN"?

UNI of MISS has been supplying cannabis to 12 federally legal patients for many many years now, apparantly they just found out what UOM has been doing for decades.

This is a cool video, however the debate on cannabis is just so REDUNDANT and so yesterday.

however the debate on cannabis is just so REDUNDANT and so yesterday.

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.....

I like how the term, "The People," gets thrown around a LOT. "The People are starting to favor legalization," "The People wouldn't have gone for legalization 15 years ago."

The thing is, "The People" never really wanted it illegal to start with! We have The Government and a number of Big Money Interests to thank for that. We have a 50-year long Propaganda Campaign conducted by The Government and Big Money Interests to thank for that.

It's interesting to see how The Government is going to weasel out of their part in the whole thing, and attribute it all to the fickle will of "The People."

Yeah, well I call Bullshit!

***Nice.....The Truth...they can't stop us forever :grinjoint:

The media jumps to our side every once in a while, with little or no legal change. Luckily they do spark public awareness.

Here is an example taken from the documentary Grass:

Back
Top Bottom