Junior Grower Grow Barney's Farm Cookies Kush & Mainlining For The First Time

Fogarty420

This is the third time I grow. Previously i only grow auto. Try photoperiod and new growing technique for the first time.

Start date: 6th Oct 2019

IMG_20191006_143034.jpg

10th Oct:

Same problem happened again, thin membrane won't get off the sprout, i have to take it off manually.

IMG_20191010_075143.jpg

Week 2:

IMG_20191018_223314.jpg

Week 3:

Top for the first time, I only know I top her too early (on its 4th node) after the first top.

IMG_20191026_205012.jpg

Week 4:

It took sometimes for it to grow 2nd node on both main stem. This is the 2nd time I top her.

IMG_20191102_203453.jpg

Week 6:

Top for the third times.

IMG_20191114_214543.jpg

Week 7:

This is the latest status. She recovered from top, growing 2nd node on all 8 stem. Will conside get tomato ring. It depends.

IMG_20191119_204558.jpg

IMG_20191119_204635.jpg

I've never did mainlining, though always wanted to for shits and giggles. It looks like you have the craft mastered already though. When I first started, SCRoG was still popular and does more or less the same thing, ie keep the plant short and force her to grow wide. SCROG uses a fence laid flat on top of the plant, and branches are forced to grow through it. Using the SCRoG is a pain in the rocks and why the popularity of it faded, but mainlining mitigates the problems associated with SCRoG.

I've never did mainlining, though always wanted to for shits and giggles. It looks like you have the craft mastered already though. When I first started, SCRoG was still popular and does more or less the same thing, ie keep the plant short and force her to grow wide. SCROG uses a fence laid flat on top of the plant, and branches are forced to grow through it. Using the SCRoG is a pain in the rocks and why the popularity of it faded, but mainlining mitigates the problems associated with SCRoG.

I made a few mistake previously (again), I think I'll just stick to 8 stem instead. She's in vegetative stage for almost 2 months. I'll give her a week or more to heal up before entering the flowering stage.

I made a few mistake previously (again), I think I'll just stick to 8 stem instead. She's in vegetative stage for almost 2 months. I'll give her a week or more to heal up before entering the flowering stage.

If, in the process of bending branches, and one snaps, it's not the end of the world, it'll just cost you a few extra days of stalled growth. So don't be afraid to try again next plant(s). They say these plants are weeds and can take the abuse so long as it's not an auto. But all the photo plants, don't hold back and keep trying new things. One can never know too much.

If, in the process of bending branches, and one snaps, it's not the end of the world, it'll just cost you a few extra days of stalled growth. So don't be afraid to try again next plant(s). They say these plants are weeds and can take the abuse so long as it's not an auto. But all the photo plants, don't hold back and keep trying new things. One can never know too much.

thanks for encouraging me. :thumb:

If they all are trained as well as that one, you're gonna have a great bloom run!

If they all are trained as well as that one, you're gonna have a great bloom run!

Yes I got high hopes on this one.

I am still waiting tomato ring, it's on the way.

i remembered you mention to stay 2 months vegetative phase for maximize yield, after I mess up a few times on main lining technique I understand why. Photo period plant is good for me~ :thumb:

Now you get it, the photo plants can take endless abuse in veg, but as long as you give them a few days of no punishment before putting them into bloom, they will bloom great. That said, try to accomplish as much of the mid bloom pruning while still in veg as possible so that the underside of the plant is all cleaned up. this way, after the stretch at the beginning of bloom, you may only need to remove a branch or two, maybe even none, then any growth/development spurts the plant has during bloom will not be hindered and the result will be more bud weight at the end.

So, try to give some forethought into removing the lower branches and the center branches while still in veg, then when you put it in bloom, all of the stressful stuff is already done.

Cleaned Em Dog.jpg

Back
Top Bottom