Just a quick question, any grower will probably easily answer

wildmanweed

so i have a "mini greenhouse" kinda like this one, but it only fits like 3 small plants, is about 7 inches tall, but the plastic lid/cap snaps on, will this make it airtight and then kill the plant? if so should i put some small holes towards the bottom?

mainpic_greenhousekit.jpg

Hey you can click on my link in my sig to show you how to upload pics through the 420 site, not allowed to use outside sites to post pics..

You won't hurt your dome if you put some holes in the plastic cover. I would, your clones will need some fresh air.

I replaced the clear top on my 'Germination Station' with a 7 inch dome made by Flora Hydroponics. It's $16.00 from the online bookstore that begins with a small 'a', but you might be able to find a cheaper one elsewhere. Search for: Tall Propagation Dome for Seed Germination by Flora Hydroponics. It has adjustable vents in the top, you can dial in how much air to let in for your clones.

Another thing, if you have the heat mat you might want to raise your tray off the mat a little bit. I laid two wooden kitchen spoons across the heating mat and then set my tray on top of the spoon handles. I have read that the mat makes things a bit too hot for your clone's roots, it's better to have a bit of space between the tray bottom and the heating mat. YMMV, however.

Back
Top Bottom