Just a thought

Roachclip

Isn't it rational to suggest that we have sacraficed more innocent lives trying to erradicate drugs than the major drug dealers have sacraficed trying to keep the drug buisness the most dominate and influential buisness in the world.

r0achclip said:
Isn't it rational to suggest that we have sacraficed more innocent lives trying to erradicate drugs than the major drug dealers have sacraficed trying to keep the drug buisness the most dominate and influential buisness in the world.
No, talk to the people in Colombia.

Rastoner said:
I know how to get rid of all the drug lords in the world...but shhh don't tell the goverment, ok you ready?

Get rid of prohibition.
The drug lords would still be around. The only thing that ending prohibition would do is give the government more to spend. The reason for most of the bloodshed in the rest of the world with drugs comes from the power and money associated with it.

Rastoner said:
I doubt the drug lords will still be around if we ended prohibition. I mean we ended alcohol prohibition and do you still see any beer barons around? no, I didn't think so.
The drug business for them is international, not local. They are based in Colombia for the most part anyway. All that effects them is that they can raise prices, because of higher demand. The drug lords would become business people, same thing, just different name.

Btw, the beer barons of today, Budweiser, Miller, Coors, etc.

Rastoner said:
the illegal beer buisness was international too (shipments from canada). and you make it sound like all drugs lords are in columbia...they arent...im talking about prohibition in america...if that was ended then the drug lords would have no incentive for doing buisness here.
There are more drug lords based in Colombia then anywhere in the world. Hell, the Colombian government just gave two or three of them immunity for two days to talk with their congress for peace. And they would still be doing business here for a long time, until companies started growing there own crop here, and became able to sell it. And when I say international, I mean they sell it around the world, not buying from a neighboring country to sell it locally.

Rastoner said:
I doubt the drug lords will still be around if we ended prohibition. I mean we ended alcohol prohibition and do you still see any beer barons around? no, I didn't think so.

Actually, yeah, there are.

BUT, there's a criminal element in just about everything these days.

r0achclip said:
Actually, yeah, there are.

BUT, there's a criminal element in just about everything these days.
What beer barons?

You dont mean Homer Simpson?

And Im sure you dont mean Miller, Budweiser, etc... cause those are legitimate busineses that pay taxes and do their part to make it easier for people, so they wont have to make beer themselves and have space taken up by all the shit thats required to make beer.

Can anyone think of one thing that has no wrongfull or personal intent?

Everyithing has some kind of motive (non-pure) everythingwe do has something to do with something.

Breathless said:
No, talk to the people in Colombia.
wow took the words right out of my mouth.

parappa_d_toker said:
Can anyone think of one thing that has no wrongfull or personal intent?

Everyithing has some kind of motive (non-pure) everythingwe do has something to do with something.
Your point?

Breathless said:
Your point?
My point is about roachclips sentense. He says that everyting has intent nowadays. Well not only that. For You see this has been going on everyday of our lives (since we were amoebas) It is etched into the programing of our being.

Basically, The wronfull intent is everywher and everything and everyday. Dont add something so frivolus to gain a victory.

In Colombia, thousands upon thousands of families depend on cocaine trafficing to make a living. They cultivate the plants and distribute them, taking absolutely no consideration of where it goes to, who it goes to, how it could affect other peoples' lives...because cocaine is all they know. It's their livelihood, and hardly ever by choice. They don't concern themselves with their trade because their outlook on certain drugs is from a whole different perspective.

No, the real solution would be to handle different substances with different regulations and policies. You're trying to tell me that bud, with its medicinal properties and other benefits should be looked at and given the same kind of legislation as crystal meth?

Yeah, right.

Mad Cow Steakho said:
No, the real solution would be to handle different substances with different regulations and policies. You're trying to tell me that bud, with its medicinal properties and other benefits should be looked at and given the same kind of legislation as crystal meth?

Yeah, right.
Who the fuck said this?

parappa_d_toker said:
What beer barons?

You dont mean Homer Simpson?

And Im sure you dont mean Miller, Budweiser, etc... cause those are legitimate busineses that pay taxes and do their part to make it easier for people, so they wont have to make beer themselves and have space taken up by all the shit thats required to make beer.
They're not directly involved in the buisness part, but they profit off it imensly...

Back
Top Bottom