Just changed to 16/8 need a little advice please!

killacam88

I have one plant that I have been growing for 6 weeks and I need to start the flowering process. Im not really sure what products I need to be using to help this process. How do I get the full potential of my plant? I measured it last night at about 20.5 inches tall and 16 inches wide. I dont really have alot more room for it to grow any taller except for flowering. I have been doing all 24 hours on of light a day. I just switched to 16 off and 8 on. Please help with what I need to be doing now for my plant. :rollit:

switch it to 12/12 to induce flowering. I would also suggest using Bloom nutes instead of grow nutes. Shes going to stretch the first few weeks. A good rule of thumb is take the current height and add 2/3rds to it and thats about how big it will get. If height is going to be a problem you could use bushmasters (additive) to keep it from growing to tall

Thanks so much for the advice warbux I will be adding pictures soon I am very happy with how this grow is going. Hopefully the flowering process will go just as well as the veg went. I am kinda concerned about my plant not being as bushy as I think it should. Let me know what you think when I post pictures.

stem1.jpg

plant132.jpg

plant232.jpg

nutes110.jpg

nutes22.jpg

Sorry the pictures were sideways my camera is messed up so i had to use a phone. I do plan on getting the bushmaster nute. I also made a little more room for the plant to grow up, that is way i chose the happy frog so i could go up in size. If you could tell any thing else i need i would gladly appreciate any advice thanks so much! :tokin:

What are you using for lights ? It looks like your lights were a bit too far above the plants , causing them to stretch a bit. Nothing wrong there just got a bit taller than if your lights were lower. If your using cfls you can get them to within a couple of inches of the tops . Switch lighting to 12/12 and look for some bloom nutes. Your plant looks healthy so you should have no problems except height, maybe have to do a little LST or something look into a few of the tutorials on growing and cropping . :peace:

Yep, the lights were way too high. You could try bending the plant and tying it down to reduce its height. Be careful though, they bend only so far then they break. My plants have just the opposite problem. They're too short for my liking, but getting very bushy.

Another concern is your lighting. There's lights for vegetation and there's other lights for flowering.

You have a very nice healthy plant there. Good job.

Thank u for all the advice! I moved the light closer and switched to 12/12. Still need to get some bloom nutes. Is there any suggestions on what to get? An how long after I change to 12/12 will I start to see my plant flower?

As Uncle Ben and Roseman advise, I think you should get a bloom formula that has nitrogen in it. They said that Jacks Classic or Peters is best, but those are hard to find. I would have to drive out of state to get some. Durabloom was said to be good, which is what I'll use when the time comes.

Many of the really experienced growers advise against fertilizers that are said to be marijuana specific...these are often over-priced tomato fertilizers.

15-5-25 fertilizer was advised. That's breaking down over 50 pages of reading for you.

less nitro, but you really dont have to worry about that yet, but in like 2 weeks you do.

my feeding is like this. 24 hours light for the 1st 50 days or so. till the sex is obvious due to preflowers. thats actually usually around 3 weeks but i wait till 50 days veg to flower. the whole time in veg i use pura vida grow formula (6-4-3) a week before flowering 12/12 i start adding 1/4th strength bloom (tiger bloom) 3-4-4 something close anyway...
2 weeks into flower, i drop the grow formula and i use full strength bloom and at week 2 i start with a bloom booster called ginormous by humboldt . its got like 0-18-16
all the while i use superthrive every other feeding. im on the 5th harvest with the same setup i have. and ive been able to add a couple things and dropp a coupole things in a controled situation to see what makes a difference. when you change like 4 things theres no way to tell whats working. dont forget that.
so 2 weeks into flower youll be using ginormous bloom booster, tiger bloom, and superthrive.
my next grow im gonna try root accellorator. i hear its amazing.
1 thing i will say almost doubled my harvest. i got this stuff called myan microzyme. its all these beneficial bacteria and stuff that you brew up in a 5 gal with an air stone. 3 days of airating and its good to go. this stuff connects itself to the roots and breaks down nutrients before they get to the roots and turns it into a very easily accessible nute. it helps sooo much this stuff is amazing. i didnt get a chance this time to use it and 35 days into flower i am soo kicking my self in the ass. im gonna lose probably at least 5 oz because i didnt use it.
a good thing is to get going and use the same basic stuff so that every grow you get to add something or change siomething and really see if it works. one good thing about growing the same strain a lot is you get to understand the plant. that sounds wierd i know but i really get to know my girls.
sorry for babbling bro just thought id share

Thanks so much Sticky you werent babbling i really appreciate it. Im going to go out and look for that stuff and see what I can do to help inprove my plant. I know its too late for that right now in this time for my plant but its good info that can help me later on. I do have one question though, I have been reading high times and I want to know what to use to help hold up my plant. Any suggestions? thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom